October 2014 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
1164 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Yay I’m glad you started this!! I will be roll calling today or tomorrow once AF arrives in full force. Let’s fill October with BFPs!!

Post # 3
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

HeyJude72:  thanks for starting the October thread. I’ll roll call once I’m home tonight. 

Post # 4
341 posts
Helper bee

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD 16

Ovulation Date: Not sure

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: POAS October 8/28-29 days

Cycles Trying: Cycle #2

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Trying to BD during FW, taking pre natals and working out

Link to Chart, if any:

and for fun, in honor of Halloween, two options, answer one or both!

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? Twix!

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? I was Belle from beauty and the beast and I loved it!

<br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px;” /><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px;” />

Post # 5
1059 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

HeyJude72:  I was supposed to have my first cycle trying with POAS in Sept, but my usual cycle length of 30 days decided to go to 40 days just to be mean. So here we are… 

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD19 today.

Ovulation Date: No sure of O date. FF says between the 23rd and the 29th. Based on CM, I’d say sometime between yesterday and tomorrow.

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: Ususally 29 or 30 days. Last month was 40, so now I’m not sure. I think I’m going to put my POAS date at Oct 10. If I can make it that long.

Cycles Trying: This is our first

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Based off CM, I think we had good timing. If we don’t have any luck this month I will probably start temping. Nothing against it, I just have trouble being consistant enough to get good data.

Link to Chart, if any: N/A

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? One year in college I dressed up as a cardboard blue ghost from pacman and my friend dressed up as pacman. He chased me all around campus saying “Waka waka waka waka.” It was pretty awesome. 

Post # 6
1059 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Chloeeee:  Our POAS dates are close to each other! I’m not sure I’ll make it to the 10th. I may only last to 10 dpo before testing.

Post # 7
6279 posts
Bee Keeper

I haven’t been on the POAS boards in a long time but if this is it, i don’t want to miss posting my excitement.  It made me so sad seeing so many first timers get their BFPs so easily.  But I’m trying to stay positive this cycle and I would love to one day very soon post my BFP. This was our first cycle with help and we went right to a medicated IUI.

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD14 2DPO

Ovulation Date: triggered on 9/22 pm, so O 36 hours later on 9/24

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: 24-28 days. have a scheduled bloodtest on 10/9 at 14DPO, i may or may not POAS earlier

Cycles Trying: lucky 13

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): as mentioned above we tried naturally for 12 cycles and this is our 13th cycle and we are in the middle of a medicated IUI cycle

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ajillity81

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise?  reeces peanut butter cups

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? i think i was in 6th grade, or somewhere around that. but i was an old lady.  i remember someone answering their door, then yelling up to their friend that the girl at the door looked just liked her.  i stained paper towels with tea to make it skin color then put them on my face to look like wrinkles, put makeup over that to blend everything, spray painted my hair grey, and wore old lady clothes.  i’m sure i had a cane as well.  it was really a creative and awesome costume. i wonder if i have a picture anywhere.

<br /><br /> 

Post # 8
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  CD 20 / 7DPO

Ovulation Date: I don’t temp but based on OPK and body signs, I think 9/19

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: AF due around October 1 although I am sure I won’t actually make it until October to POAS.  Cycle length 24ish days

Cycles Trying: 2nd cycle

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.):Prentatals, tried to BD ED in fertile window but missed O-1. 

Link to Chart, if any:

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? Sour Patch kids

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had? Bride of Frankenstein. Loved it so much I did 2 years in a row.

<br /><br /><br />

Post # 9
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD14

Ovulation Date: soon, line is getting darker on OPK

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: AF is due on my wedding day, Oct 11…so POAS Oct 12 🙂 , 27-29day cycles

Cycles Trying: 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, OPK

Link to Chart, if any: none

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise?  Turtles!!<br /><br />

Post # 10
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’ll probably POAS before October but AF isn’t due until sometime in October!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 23/ 7 DPO

Ovulation Date: 9/19

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: It’s first cycle off BC so no clue about cycle length, I had very long but regular cycles before BC. If I don’t get a positive on a Wondfo this weekend (very doubtful) I’m going to POAS Oct. 2! I’m sure I’ll be back to POAS at the end of October too. 

Cycles Trying: Our first!

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Taking prenatals, just BD whenever we want, ended up O-3, O-2, twice on O-1, but missed O day. 

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MrsN14

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? I love almost every single candy!

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had?

Okay, last year we went to a last minute costume party and picked up costumes on the way… this was the best we found. lol

Post # 11
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

MrsN14:  We are O date twins!  Good luck with trying not POAS this weekend. I’m hoping I have enough willpower myself.

Post # 12
341 posts
Helper bee

MechEBee:  Awesome! 🙂 hope we both have good news! 😉

Post # 13
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

DB425:  Good luck!! Hopefully some BFPs in the next week! FX

Post # 14
4677 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

HeyJude72:  Thanks for starting the October board.  

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 22/ 4DPO

Ovulation Date: 9/22 

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: Oct 3rd/ 28 days

Cycles Trying: 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): DH was out of town until right before O, so we only got O-2 and O -1.  But I have been eating really well and lost around 5-10 lbs.  I also had a lot of CM around O.  I really hope this will help me this month.  I’m taking Super B complex, Vitex, Vitamin E and Prenatals.  

Link to Chart, if any: http://fertilityfriend.com/home/4aea00 

What is your favorite candy..Halloween or otherwise? Candy corn or anything chocolate 

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had?  When I was in the fourth grade I was a butterfly.  I made wings from a poster board.  It looked pretty cool.  Except I couldn’t wear the wings to school or to the town Halloween party.  So I just looked like a black bug most of the time.  My best adult Halloween costume was Britney Spears after the whole shaving her head thing.  

Post # 15
178 posts
Blushing bee

This is our first cycle off BCP (and my first time posting!) so everything is pretty much a guess at this point.  Just letting things ride for a few months before we start charting or anything.

Current cycle day: CD17

Ovulation date: not sure, based on CM 10/22-10/24 (possibly…not really keeping track)

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: probably 10/7.  Before I started BCP was super regular at 27-29 days so I’m hoping it’s still the same.

Cycles trying: First!

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc): taking prenatal vitamins but other than that just trying to BD as much as possible.

Link to chart, if any: waiting a few months before we start charting

Best Halloween costume was when my husband dressed as Cat in the Hat and I was Thing 1.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors