October 2015 brides, almost two years out! Have you begun?

posted 3 years ago in October 2015
Post # 3
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Ah, fellow Oct 2015 friends! 😀 We have looked at a couple venues and I am pretty positive we know what we want, although I want to see a few more still. I have in my head a color scheme that I want, but FI isn’t sold on it yet. I have started collecting brooches for my brooch bouquet! That is fun 🙂 We have debated about the kind of cake we want and can’t seem to agree. We both have a similar style we see for our wedding, it just comes down to little details at this point.

Luckily, the venue we will probably wind up at provides everything we need, except extra decorations and a cake!

That is about it though. 🙂 At first I thought that two years would be a long time to have to wait, and then it seemed like OMG I can’t get everything done in two years! Then we found an all inclusive venue and now I’m like…two years is so long again! haha.

Yay October!

Post # 5
457 posts
Helper bee

It’s so exciting to see other bee’s who are also 2 years out! I think the timing is perfect, without all the added stress. So far, I know what elements I want to incorperate into my wedding, as far as little details go, I know the style I want, and I have a few things in my hope chest already–cake topper, gold frames, and an art deco bride book to journal my memories in. 🙂

Post # 7
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

im two years out, been engaged since the summer tho.

Post # 8
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

We are “unofficially” engaged, and in the process of buying a ring. So far, we’ve decided on a date (early Oct. 2015), started short-listing venues (all the best venues here get booked reaaally far in advance), and I’ve started looking at different color combos. Like you all, I’m looking forward to taking my time to make sure everything’s right and stress levels are low 🙂

Post # 10
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@aquarius_91:  I know, seriously!! All the “wedding timeline” lists online tell you to book the venue a year in advance, but I’m finding the best ones really do go much sooner than that. Maybe it varies by area though…

Post # 11
27 posts
Newbee

I’m so happy to see there are other bees who are 2015!  My FI and I are getting married on Halloween!  So far, we’ve decided on our theme and colors, as well as our cake.  I started looking at venues but some of them will not meet with me until the wedding date is a year away!

Post # 13
22 posts
Newbee

@aquarius_91:  That’s a really good idea! It will be really fun for you to look back on.

Post # 14
3195 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@aquarius_91:  

Nothing yet. I have all of our vendors and venue picked out…just waiting until October 2014 to start putting deposits down. 

Post # 15
2111 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@aquarius_91:  I have my dress and shoes, we’ve got our rings (my band’s on layaway, but it counts). We’ve met with the priest and are waiting to see if we were granted dispensation because FI isn’t Catholic. If we are, then we have a venue for the ceremony, officiant (assuming he makes it through the year, his health is in decline), date and time. If not, then we have a backup that looks promising, we just need to research it fully. We’ll be getting our engagement pictures taken soon. We know who’s making our cake (My tattoo artist also runs a bakery). I have my girls picked out, but I’m waiting to ask them (with the exception of my MOH, I’m asking her in a couple days). I’m also finding someone to make FI a kilt. I want that sooner rather than later in case it looks as silly as I think it will and he can still get a suit. Mama’s gonna make my veil, so that’s covered as well. 

Post # 16
115 posts
Blushing bee

SO and I won’t be getting engaged until the second half of 2014 because of schooling, but we have decided that we want to get married on our 6th anniversary. We have already gone and looked at a venue we both love, and have a tentative hold for our date (its a Friday in late October, so we’re not really worried that someone will book it before we can!). I also have purchased a sewing pattern for my MOH dresses (I’ll be having a bridal party of 2, so they’ll be co-MOHs), and we have a good friend who is a pastor that will be performing our ceremony. Also, recently my grandparents offered me a family heirloom ring which SO and I both love which will be used as my engagement ring. I’m always on the lookout for discount wedding stuff at Michaels and such, I have a pretty clear vision so I feel okay buying stuff ahead of time. Can’t wait for more October 2015 bees to join us! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors