October 2015 brides? Or had your wedding in October

posted 2 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 2
164 posts
Blushing bee

I’m getting married October 12, 2014. 3.5 months to go, eek! I did a lot of research, and I think it will be great. My wedding planner was actually also an October 12 bride (crazy!) and she said it was perfect weather. Mine will be in Boston (peak foliage weekend of the whole season). Statistically, it’s an average of 60 degrees, with 40% change of light precipitation.

http://weatherspark.com/averages/29794/10/12/Boston-Massachusetts-United-States

Post # 3
75 posts
Worker bee

I’m planning for October 10th of next year! The wedding will be in Charleston, SC so I’m not worried about cold, but hurricanes could be a problem! 

Post # 4
3206 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’m getting married October 24, 2015 and where I live I’m not worried about it being cold, but rather hot, haha. We are having an outdoor ceremony. 

Post # 5
6279 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

hjfleming2066:  my wedding was october 19, 2013 and the weather was perfect.  i don’t know where you live, but that determines the weather.  october weather is maine is very different from october weather in florida.

i didn’t want to worry about rain so we had an inside ceremony.  cocktail hour was on the 2 balconies outside of the ceremony space.  we could stay inside if it were raining.  but it wasn’t raining and we were able to use the space.

Post # 6
2731 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

October 30 in Florida we are expecting upper 70s.

Remember weather is dependent on location so the farther north you go the more likely you’ll get chilly temps.

Post # 7
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

We’re getting married on October 11th of this year in New Jersey with an outdoor ceremony.  Should be fairly moderate temperatures and hopefully beautiful foliage!  It definitely depends on your location but I think October 10th would be a wonderful date.  No matter what time of year you pick you are always at risk of rain.  Make sure to have a rain plan too, just in case.  

Post # 8
35 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married Oct 25, 2015 at an aquarium in New Jersey! We were originally planning on doing an outdoor ceremony and reception but couldn’t find a place we liked that had a good rain-plan alternative. I agree with previous posts that it really depends on where you are, and that it’s probably better to be safe than sorry and have a backup plan for if it rains, just in case.

Post # 10
15 posts
Newbee

hjfleming2066:  We are date twins! We are getting married October 10, 2015 too! I live in Arizona, so we are just worried about it still being a little too warm. Our ceremony and reception will all be outside. 🙂

Post # 11
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I got married in October 2013 and the weather was terrible that day – cold, rainy, over-cast all day long. Our venue almost exlusively did outdoor ceremonies, with smaller indoor spaces as back-up plans. I just wasn’t willing to risk it, so I let them give away our outdoor space to another couple so I could get the best indoor space confirmed. Also saved about $500 by doing so, as a discount for not making them reserve two ceremony spaces for us. We will did pictures outside.

Post # 13
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’ve been to a number of October weddings and the weather is typically beautiful! 

For the week you expect your wedding date to be, this year you should perhaps check out your venue to just get a feel of what you should be expecting it too look and feel like. 

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee

I am looking to get married at the end of September beginning of October 2015. I just suggested that date to my Fiance. 10-10-15. We want the color of the fall leaves. I am in New York, so he worries that if we wait that long there will be snow. He suggested earlier in September. I don’t think the leaves will have changed enough. Since I am looking out my window right now and the leaves are all green.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  KMM12.
Post # 15
118 posts
Blushing bee

I’m getting married October 22, 2015 in the Dominican Republic!  Hopefully we will get good weather as it is at the end of hurricane/rainy season!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors