Post # 1
Has anyone else felt like the month of September totally MELTED away before you could get anything done??
This friday is brace yourself ladies….OCTOBER!
How much do you have left? I have quite a bit!
- OOT Bags (haven’t decided yes or no)
- Bathroom Basket
- Flip flop basket (also haven’t decided yes or no)
- Menus for our buffett dinner
- Place cards
- Hair/makeup Trial
- Marriage license
- Final dress fitting
Are you all getting excited…..WAHOO!!!
Post # 3
I am SO EXCITED!!!!
We got our marriage license yesterday and I finally signed off on the final round of proofs for all our day-of paper goods.
On my list still:
-ordering cakes (we aren’t having a wedding cake – just multiple “normal” cakes)
-finalizing full day-of timeline
-confirming with all vendors
-figuring out what remaining balances are for all vendors and when they need to be paid
-send limo company schedule and list of addresses for pick ups
-email song list to DJ
-find non-ugly/non-tacky stickers for placecards to indicate entree selections
-seating chart (RSVPs due this Friday)
-submit meal choices to venue
Other than little tiny details that’s about it. I think (hope) we are in a good place and can cruise through to the wedding day with minimal stress levels.
SO. FREAKING. EXCITED.
Post # 4
I’m was excited until last weekend. Now I wish I could call it off. I hate my in-laws and they are making me sick at this point.
The only tasks I have to do are:
- Meeting musicians for ceremony
- Seating chart
- Send final numbers to florist/caterer
- Make card box
Post # 5
We got our marriage license too 🙂 just have left…
*Learning to dance for the 1st dance (aka living room lessons)
*Random clothing needs (ring bearer pants, my undergarments, etc)
*Music requests for DJ
Post # 6
EEEEEE so excited!!! Can NOT get over that Friday is October!
Just have the following left to do:
- Get marriage license
- Dress fitting
- Hair trial
- Print/assemble programs
- Wedding signs
- Finish BM’s gifts
- Honeymoon transportation!
- Finish choreographing and teaching FI our first dance
- Finialize vows/proclamations!
- Bathroom baskets
LOVE being able to check things off my 3 page list of things to do! 🙂
@marlew: sorry you hate your in laws 🙁 let it out girl!
Post # 7
ACK That means 25 more days till i turn 28
Post # 8
I can’t get over how quickly time has flown!!
Has anyone used a printing service for their place cards or programs?
Post # 9
Nope, just doing them myself– using my work’s printer and copier 🙂 I got the kit from Michaels though for the program… well actually marshalls but it’s the bride’s brand from michaels.
Post # 10
@nskillet: We’re using the same designer/printer who did our invites. Invites were letterpress, but he was able to do all the day-of stationery as flatprinted items that match our invitation suite.
Post # 11
So excited! All I have left to do is:
Dressing fitting this Friday
Print place cards and programs
Pack for honeymoon
Find gift for Mistress of Ceremony
Pick up marriage licensem the Thursday before
Write out vendor checks
Post # 12
Whew! Definitely starting to feel the heat. Lots of crazy emotions going on!
My final to do list:
1. Final fitting (not until a week before the wedding, since I live in a different city)
2. Finalize songs for DJ
3. Finalize gifts for wedding party
4. Figure out transportation for day of (I refuse to spend money on a limo – lol)!
5. Finalize favors (we’re ordering mini-tequila bottles from the venue – they haven’t been responsive as to whether they’ve even been ordered)
6. Get license (next week)
7. Finalize honeymoon details (transportation while there)
8. Buy FI’s wedding band!
9. Confirm wedding rehearsal details
Holy cow – it helped to spell everything out. Can’t believe it’s almost here! :O
Post # 13
I still have lots of little things to do:
1. finish Day-of timeline for DOC
2. finish drink stirrers (half way there!)
3. Place cards (seating chart is finished) yah!
6. Finish tying ribbons and tags to bubbles
7. finish putting ribbons and embossed tags on flip flop basket
8. Dj Music list
9. Photog pictures list
10. finish OOT bags (I only have 3) : )
11. final meeting with the venue this weekend to finalize setup ect.
Hoping to have 1,6, 7 finished tonight : )
Post # 14
Still procrastinating on some of these things ladies!!! We did get out marriage license though today YAY!!
Anyone have any great menu templates?