(Closed) October 8, 2011 Brides? Colors? Themes?

posted 7 years ago in October 2011
Post # 3
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Thats my day too!

My bridesmaids dresses are sangria. I love all purples. So there will be some deep purples, burgundys, violets, and maybe really deep pink.

My theme is so scrambled! We chose to get married at my fiance’s grandparents house. Its a beautiful ranch. We’re shooting for a wine theme, but country and laid back. Our whole wedding party including us, are wearing cowboy boots, the guys are wearing jeans and nice shirts and black cowboy hats.

I love tulips, orchids, hydranga, peonies, and cala lillies.

Wow this is so hard to sum up my wedding!

Have you tossed around any ideas for a theme?

How far have you gotten with your planning?

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee

That’s my date too!  My colors are inspired by the Peacock Feather.  Royal Blue, Teal, and Green.  Going to be using the feathers in center pieces, bouquets, even thinking about having the feather “eyes” thrown by flower girl instead of flower petals.  My planning is a little slow going, but I have a venue, an officient, and I’m waiting for my dress to come in.

With our tight budget, the reception food looks like it’s going to be our biggest cost.  As far as the cake is concerned, going to stray from the traditional and go with several cakes on different size pedestals, I think it’s cheaper that way.

Post # 6
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Well, I’m October 7th but I figure it’s close enough to where I can chime in too!

Colors: Burnt orange, chocolate brown, rust red, plum, gold & sage green
Theme: Full fledged fall! Lots of pumpkins & leaves for the décor. Apple pies for our favors. Carmel appletini signature drinks. It’s pretty much going to be an explosion of fall which is easy to do considering we’re getting married in the Adirondacks (maybe I’m biased but I think we have the best fall foliage). 

Post # 9
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@BrideofHugo: We live in apple country so we’re ordering our pies from a local orchard. They’ll be made the day before so they’re pretty much as fresh as possible.

Post # 11
241 posts
Helper bee

Hey date twins. I was wondering if there were any. My colors are as follows:

Apricot, Chocolate, Ivory, Raspberry, and Green

I didnt really follow the fall foliage color scheme. I just deepened the hues to compliment the fall a little better. We really don’t have a theme so to speak. but we are going to have a lot of candlelight. We want it to feel romantic.

Post # 12
17 posts
Newbee

I’m October 9!!  So I’m sort of a twin Wink 

Our scheme is various shades of gray and pale yellow.  I feel like the first week in October is too early for full-fledged Autumn colors (at least in NJ) but too late for anything too too summery.  Our wedding is at a tiki bar on a bay though so we’re trying to keep it fun and light!

Post # 13
54 posts
Worker bee

Hey Date Twins! My colors are different for October. I chose black and ivory with a flash of deep pink here and there – mostly with flowers, not clothing. That is my favorite color scheme and while I debated about using fall colors, I’m really not in love with fall colors. So I went with what I love and I’m very happy. My caterer keeps trying to add pumpkins in the decorations but so far I have stood my ground lol. I don’t really have a theme, but “simple elegance” is what I’m going for. We are on a budget, so I don’t want it to look cheap, but I also think less is more.

Post # 14
1660 posts
Bumble bee

Hello!

I’m still trying to decide on colors, but I’m thinking along the lines of the first two posters, with dark purple, dark pink, gold, etc. I’ll try to post some inspiration photos soon.

Rhapsody – I’m in Maryland too! Though I’m getting married in Oregon.

The topic ‘October 8, 2011 Brides? Colors? Themes?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors