Post # 1
My fiancé and I are looking at our honeymoon and can’t decide when we should go, I’d like to go a week or so after the wedding while we’re still buzzing about being newly married, but the problem is we are getting married October 12th and we don’t want to hit rainy/hurricane seasons for lots of the tropical places. We really want to do Hawaii and spend a couple weeks there but don’t want to run into bad weather. Any brides, past, present, or future have any suggestions? What have others done? Or doing?
Post # 3
We are going to wait until December to take our trip for logistical reasons, not necessarily weather. We are not planning on traveling to the tropics, down south (I don’t like heat) so the season is not stopping us.
Above all else, for me I think it would be too stressful to plan a wedding and a honeymoon at the same time.
Post # 4
First off we didn’t go anywhere tropical so this may not apply!
However we did get married and took off on our honeymoon (OMG early the next morning). It was awesome. Having that time right after getting married to just enjoy each other somewhere else was priceless.
Not saying it’s for you, but given a choice, I’d have done right after, even getting up at OMG early to get on a plane. I felt right after was best not only for us but for my work (one block of days off) and DH said he didn’t care before, but he was really happy after the fact that we went from married to honeymoon right away.
Whatever you do I hope it’s great fun and you have perfect weather!
Post # 5
Thanks, I really want to go right away too, we are waiting a week though to be here for my step daughters birthday. But I think that week we will have time to pack, open gifts and say good bye to my OOT guests, all mine are flying in as we are from opposite sides of the country (literally 5000 km) and I want to be able to bring them to the airport. I know my fiancé doesn’t care when we go but I think it’s important to go right away.
Post # 6
@TraLo: We are leaving for our honeymoon 2 days after the wedding which is also October 12 🙂
We were worried too about the weather, but really after all the planning and stress etc… we just need some time away.
We decided on Bali, Thailand and Singapore. And even though the mansoon season will be present, after all the research it shows that most of rain falls at night and even if it rains during the day, it generally is pretty quick and feels more refreshing than anything from the hot climate there at that time.
We both love rain and it doesn’t bother us either.
I know a couple that had their wedding in November of last year and were waiting till this summer to go on their honeymoon…. however she got pregnant in January (not trying) and it looks like honeymoon wont happen for a while.
Post # 7
Hey Date Twin! My fiance and I are also getting married Oct 12 and will be leaving for the Dominican Republic on Monday, the 14th! We were going to wait for logistical reasons – I am a teacher and taking a week off of school is not ideal. However, we heard from many couples that if you don’t do it right away, or soon enough that you can go ahead and have it booked by the wedding, you won’t go. They all said that once you get married things come up and that gets pushed to the back burner. We were hesitant to go somewhere tropical since it is during hurrican season, but we added travel insurance to our trip. The insurance was about $100/ticket and it covers weather related issues.
Post # 8
@TraLo: we are going to italy and leaving on monday after the wedding.
Post # 9
I think you really can’t guarantee how the weather will be anytime of the year. So just make sure there aren’t any big storms heading that way before you go, and get travel insurance. Make sure you can postpone in the case of bad weather. We are planning on cuba the week right after our wedding. We’re using a travel agent and getting good travel insurance that way a bad storm can turn our cuba trip into a trip somewhere else instead pretty easily.
Post # 10
We’re waiting. FI wants to go to Banff but in October the weather is going to be really iffy so we’re waiting till spring.
Post # 11
We’re leaving for Jamaica the Monday after our wedding and staying for a week. That’s toward the end of hurricane season, so hopefully there won’t be any issues, but we did get trip insurance just in case. The insurance was $90 per person, well worth it for the peace of mind, in my opinion.
Post # 12
We got married October 20th of last year and didn’t have the money to honeymoon. And we were in the middle of moving to another state. It has been a stressful, long first year. If you have the money and the time off- GO. I really wish my husband and I had time to connect and enjoy our marital bliss right after the wedding. I regret not trying a little harder to relax.
Post # 13
Okay we had the same dilema. In the end we decided to go to Caboright after the wedding. Hurricane season does affect Cabo like it does Cancun. We are going to use the money we get from the wedding to take a mini “second honeymoon” next spring or summer to go somewhere else too.
Post # 14
We are going to Disney for a long weekend right after the wedding and saving up for a longer out of country trip we hope to take in the summer!
Post # 15
@TraLo: We’re getting married on October 5 and leaving for Kauai two days later on October 7. We’re staying on the Princeville side of the island, which is the rainiest, but it’s still going to be very warm. I’ve known a lot of people who have gone to Hawaii in October and the weather was great! If you’re worried about the weather, though, I’d probably go to Maui, which seems to have better weather that time of the year. Or, if you do go to Kauai, stay on the south side of the island, which is known to be the “sunny side.”
Post # 16
We are waiting to go on a honeymoon. Due to money circumastances we will be waiting til sometime next year. it would of been awesome to go right away but unless we stumble into some money soon thats not happening!