Post # 1
Hi July 2011 brides!! What’s on your to-do list for October?
Here’s what’s on mine:
1. Research/Meet with Videographers
2. Make and send Save-The-Dates
3. Finalize Ceremony plans
4. Find Officiant
5. Research/Meet with Bakers
6. Research/Meet with Florists
7. Start the dress search!!
8. Research/Meet with DJ’s/Bands
9. Start on any DIY projects that can hold up for 9 more months if I have time
Post # 3
@MissNewYork: My October to-do-list is to finally cement our date with the Church and put the deposit on our reception. The reception venue has been picked FOREVER, but with FI’s paperwork with the Church, I was afraid to actually put the deposit down. Since it’s a Thursday night, I don’t have to worry about anyone taking our date! haha
Post # 4
THANK you for making this thread =) I’ve got so much to do, and haven’t sat down yet to make a list =) And lord knows the FI needs his list made for the month! (I’m so lucky, he devotes every tuesday night to wedding stuff!!!!)
Things to accomplish:
1) Sign contract with DJ
2) Keep working on faith classes with officiant, finally ask how much he is!
3) Figure out a chicken dish for menu, sign temp contract with caterer. Finalize contract once chicken is decided.
4) Finish salt/pepper shaker filling
5) Complete bathroom baskets
6) Decide on card box design
7) Finally ask flower girl’s parents to let her be in wedding
8) Keep plugging away at picking a centerpiece
9) Pick a wedding dress!!!
10) Work on getting my BM and MOH in the salon to find dresses!
11) Meet with florists, decide whether to buy them or DIY
12) Hash out invitation wording
13) Start/Finish sewing all table runners!
I think thats it for now!
Post # 5
Oooh, what a great thread this will help me get my act together
1. Meet with officiant, get the green light, find out how much he is
2. Finalise caterer choice and pay deposit
3. Pay photographer
4. Look into florists costs etc
5. Look into accomodation costs
6. Look into transportation costs
7. Start folding my 1001 paper cranes
8. Finish STDS and send by eo month
9. Make a decision on parasols and execute
10. Finalise bridal party and discuss with them.
Post # 6
@plantains: 1001 paper cranes?!?!?! I’ll be praying for your fingers!!!!!
Post # 7
Thanks for all of the responses! It’s so helpful to see what’s on everyone elses to-do lists. I’ve already seen a few things I should put on mine!
Post # 8
Oh this is exactly what I need! My October to do list consists of:
- Sign contract and pay deposit for DJ (I won a $200 credit towards a DJ package at the bridal show a few weeks ago – woo hoo!)
- Book transportation for the bridal party
- Get those last few addresses I need so that I can finally send out the STDs that have been sitting on my counter for over a month
- Start looking into BM dresses and get the girls together to discuss and decide on a plan of attack
- Look into florists
- Look into cake – find inspiration and contact a few bakers
- Look into videography (I still want this, even though I said if we got the photographer I wanted that I didn’t need video…I lied. I need video.)
I think that is about all I can handle for this month (and it is probably in fact MORE than I can handle…), but my FI said he would look into a few of these things, which will be a huge help!
Post # 9
1. Meet with DJ- sign contract
2. Look for videographer
3. Put together save the dates-send out
4. Look into hotel
5. Start looking for BM dresses
6. Look for a dress!
7. Start preliminary sketches/designs for DIY projects, get an idea of a timeline.
Post # 10
one more– get my butt in the gym more often!
Post # 11
This is a great thread – I feel like my October to-do list is like 3 times as long as the past couple of months! Here’s what’s on tap for me & FH:
– finalize guest list and get guest contact info from parents
– take engagement photos (yay!)
– choose a band or DJ
– chose a florist
– book/pay chosen ceremony & cocktail hour musicians
– start thinking about bridesmaids dresses
– start designing save-the-dates, invites, etc.
– find rehearsal dinner venue
– design & build wedding website
– register (double yay!)
Whew! Thankfully many of the things listed can be ticked off or are in progress! I can’t believe there are only 3 months left of the year! Eeek!