(Closed) Offer accepted!! & its NOT a short sale this time :)

posted 8 years ago in Home
Post # 3
2054 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

yay!! congrats! im so happy you found something you love and that wasnt so frustrating to buy!

Post # 4
683 posts
Busy bee

Congrats! No biggie on the smaller house- less to clean, less to heat!

Post # 5
1740 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

congrats! we had a similar situation. we fell in love with a short sale house but in the inspection show that it need it a new roof.  my lender didnt approved the house. i cried so much when they broke the news. but one week later we found a great house in a great neighborhood and just less than a mile from our workplace. 

nothing is a mistake… congrats! you will have so much fun making that house you own 

Post # 6
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

That is awesome, congrats!

Post # 8
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

What is the difference in square feet? Do you mind sharing what size the one you just is?

Post # 11
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

If your not yet, you should check out YoungHouseLove.com I think their place is about the same size or smaller as your new one. Depending on the layout, a few renovations could maybe open it up a bit more? ETA: OR on that lot size you can always build an addition, if you can afford to later… 

I know a few have fallen through, and you only have about 5 weeks left to ratify an agreement, but I hope you’re not settling. You DO have time to find another one…. you don’t need a signed agreement until the end of next month… and then you have another 2 months to close that house and get the credit….

A 900 sq. foot house is plenty for a first home and you can totally make it work, but if you’re really un-happy without that extra sq. footage it may not be the “right” house still…. Just remember, you still have 5 weeks and you got an accepted offer in 1 day during 1 day of hunting. Just… no short sales! Foreclosures aren’t bad. it may take 2 days instead of one, but you will negotiate directly with the bank only, things move REALLY quick on foreclosures. But, if you’re doing a FHA it will need to pass inspection.  There’s another FHA program as well though that builds the repairs into the loan.

Good luck and show us pictures! 🙂

Post # 12
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

So awesome.  I hope it works out!  Keep us posted.  I can’t wait to start looking at house!

Post # 13
5273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

We went through the hell of a short sell & ended up walking away in the end. It turned out that there was a leak that started at some point in time & it got under the wood floors & started to grow mold 🙁

We’ve had a bumpy ride, after we backed out of the short sale, we put an offer down on 2 other homes and were outbid on both. We put in a 4th offer on a home last week & we ended outbiding someone else!! Today is the inspection, so if all goes well we will FINALLY be getting our first place!!!!

Post # 14
3587 posts
Sugar bee

Congrats on the new one!

Post # 16
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

The topic ‘Offer accepted!! & its NOT a short sale this time :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors