6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

What a wonderful idea BostonBaby!!

Town/State of Wedding Location: Athens, Greece

Wedding Date: 1-21-12

Colors/Theme: White, Ivory, Champagne, Pale Pink/Old World Romance

Venue: Grande Bretagne Hotel’s Grand Ballroom

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A glamorous, romantic and fun celebration with indulgent food, lots of Greek dancing, and feeling the love from all our closest friends and family.

Favorite part of planning: EVERYTHING- honestly, I loved researching florists, I loved choosing favors, picking the dress- I can’t wait to design our invitations…I could go on and on…

Most-anticipated part of the day: There are so many…but if I must choose one- probably the moment we are in the car alone together after the ceremony…having our first private moment together as man and wife.

Meaning of your screen name: Well my name is Evie and my favorite number is 19…I know, VERY original of me!! I didn’t know I’d get addicted to the site when I first joined, otherwise I would have picked something different. πŸ™‚

Something we should know about your “other half”: He is an economist and works at a European sunglass company. He is incredibly kind and very empathetic towards others, which I adore about him. His practical, grounded nature balances my artistic temperment well.

Post # 5
1136 posts
Bumble bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: dallas, oregon
Wedding Date: 1.12.12
Colors/Theme:
wine red, black, white, and silver
Venue:beckenridge vineyard

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: romantic
Favorite part of planning:
having totally contol

Most-anticipated part of the day: walking down the isle toward him. We’re not doing a first look
Meaning of your screen name: Its my first name the first 2 letters of my middle name and the first letter of my last name and the year I graduated high school
Something we should know about your “other half”: He’s in the army

Post # 6
10 posts
Newbee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Staten Island, NY

Wedding Date: 1.21.12

Colors/Theme: Red, black and white

Venue: The Vanderbilt at South Beach

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: classic, elegant with a modern twist.  

Favorite part of planning: Choosing the photographer. Weird I know, but pictures are our thing and seeing other pictures of other ccouples days and envisioning our day…it was wonderful.

Most-anticipated part of the day: Walking down the aisle. (no first look here either)

Meaning of your screen name: Just my name, nothing really creative here.

Something we should know about your “other half”: He does visual design for recreation and lives life with a camera glued to his hand. He was my best friend before he became my everything and I think that’s what makes our relationship so perfect. He is the best man I’ve ever imagined!

Post # 7
822 posts
Busy bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Wedding Date: 1-14-12
Colors/Theme: White/Black/Red (mainly white with splashes of black and red)
Venue: The Douse, Modern Art Gallery
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Elegant and modern, but also romantic.

Favorite part of planning: Everything!  But if I had to pick one thing it would be the details, stationary etc – I love stationary!
Most-anticipated part of the day: Seeing my FI waiting for me at the end of the aisle
Meaning of your screen name: I live in New Zealand and just decided on the first thing that popped into my head!
Something we should know about your “other half”:  He is an incredibly dedicated person, always puts 100% into everything he does.  We are on the same page about so much, yet at the same time can be completely opposite.  He is loud and outgoing whereas I am quieter – but I guess what they say is true, opposits attract!  We compliment each other very well.  He is a rugby player and has just started body building.

Post # 8
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Town/State of Wedding Location: Princeton, MA
Wedding Date: 1.21.12
Colors/Theme: All Shades of blue with white and silver
Venue: The Harrington Farm
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less:  a cozy winter night with dancing, board games and laughter.
Favorite part of planning: I’ve been loving the really small things!  I like looking for all the things to put in OOT bags and am also going to put together bags for the kids who are coming.
Most-anticipated part of the day: Walking down the aisle, watching his face the whole time πŸ™‚

Meaning of your screen name: I’m a knitter and a lady!

Something we should know about your “other half”: He’s going to Tufts Medical School in the fall! It’s something he’s wanted since he was in high school.

I’m so excited to meet everyone who’s on the same timeline!

Post # 9
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Town/State of Wedding Location: We are getting married in Austin, Texas! 
Wedding Date: September 18th, 2011! A little less than 6 months away! 
Colors/Theme: orange, pale blue blue and hints of blush pink… vintage/antique
Venue: Mercury Hall
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less:  Sunday brunch wedding with a vintage/antique feel.  
Favorite part of planning: A lot of DIY projects! 
Most-anticipated part of the day: All of it! πŸ™‚
Meaning of your screen name: Self explanitory. 
Something we should know about your “other half”: We met at a Halloween party and are both working on our PhD’s in Biochem.

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Seattle, WA
Wedding Date: 1/28/2012
Colors/Theme: Pool and Ruby, Vintage fun
Venue: The Hall at Fauntleroy, Converted early 20th century school house, Fauntleroy Church
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A fabulous fifties soiree complete with a big band. 
Favorite part of planning: Cake tasting!
Most-anticipated part of the day: Finally being married!

Post # 11
278 posts
Helper bee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Errr Ok so some things have been changed around but somewhere in east texas
Wedding Date: 1/21/2012
Colors/Theme: purple/green butterflies
Venue: ummmmm…. not exactly sure yet since some things have come up
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: budget friendly
Favorite part of planning: getting my dress
Most-anticipated part of the day: wearing my dress lol
Meaning of your screen name: im stupid so i spelled January wrong and also “January Girl” is part of a Tori Amos song that I love
Something we should know about your “other half”: He is a big video game nerd!

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Los Angeles, CA

Wedding Date:
1/29/2012

Colors/Theme:
Red, Grey and Ivory

Venue:
Burton Chace Park (Fingers crossed, can only book 6 months out) All contracts are filled out, just waiting for July to get here to turn them in.

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less:
Small and Romantic

Favorite part of planning:
The excitement when talking to FH about the wedding. He can’t wait.

Most-anticipated part of the day:
When the officant says you may now kiss your bride.

Meaning of your screen name: What my new last name will be.

Something we should know about your “other half”:
He dedication in making sure I am happy.

Post # 13
41 posts
Newbee

Town/State of Wedding Location: Orlando, Florida

Wedding Date: January 20, 2012

Colors/Theme: Red, White with Silver accents and our theme is “Where we go, love grows”

Venue: The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne, a victorian mansion and garden

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: A celebration in the love we have discovered in each other and a symbol of the beginning of better things to come, our love gets better with age.

Favorite part of planning: The Dress!  I’m wearing a red dress and my bms are wearing white, the Duches of Cambridge totally stole my idea man!

Most-anticipated part of the day: The Ceremony.  We’re writing it from the bottom up, including our own vows.  It’s going to be the perfect representation of us!

Meaning of your screen name: My nickname

Something we should know about your “other half”: He’s an officer in the air force and an aviation geek.  He even proposed to me in an open cockpit biplane.

Post # 14
43 posts
Newbee

Town/State of Wedding Location: NYC
Wedding Date:1/28/2012
Colors/Theme:eggplant/champagne/old New York
Venue:Manhattan Penthouse – 18th floor of Flatiron art deco building
Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: Big Fat Greek Wedding in New York
Favorite part of planning: taking pictures of stuff in all the hoods we have lived in for table pictures
Most-anticipated part of the day: When I’m dancing with family
Meaning of your screen name: Greek nickname = little doll

Post # 15
6065 posts
Bee Keeper

@kouklitsa:just gotta give a little shout-out to my fellow Greek bride having a big fat greek wedding πŸ˜‰

Post # 16
7 posts
Newbee

Town/State of Wedding Location: New York, New York

Wedding Date: January 14, 2012

Colors/Theme: bottle green / royal purple

Venue: Ukrainian Catholic Church / uptown social club

Describe the wedding in one sentence or less: old New York

Favorite part of planning: the memories made working on things with those involved (my mother, father, fiance, best friends)

Most-anticipated part of the day: the first dance (after that it will be smooth sailing!)

Meaning of your screen name: I talk… a lot… especially about weddings!

Something we should know about your “other half”: he’s English, and we’re going through the whole immigration process (so here’s to hoping all goes through for the big day!)

and I want to add a question! Since I feel pretty far behind (venue/church are not confirmed yet, though should be in the next week or so; not stationery is finalized), what has been the most challenging part of the planning thus far?

I would say, guest list—deciding who to invited and estimating how many will attend. Never ending!!!

And if anyone is interested, I’m blogging at http://www.kseniaandbruno.com, basically because I found so many of the blogs I first looked at so influential. Hope my planning can help others out there, too!

The topic ‘Offical Introduction Thread: January 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors