Post # 1
It’s Friday, it’s spring time, and things are looking up in the land of Nona…I thought I would list them and encourage anyone else feelilng amenable to join in!
1. I am so close to getting my puppy that I can smell his adorable baby doggie breath….Wort will be mine!
2. It’s going to be a gorgeous weekend and we’re brewing beer tomorrow!
3. My Dad finally hired more help around the office so I no longer have to do the job of three people…just one, and I’m actually going to be able to do all the things I need to do today, and walk out of here with no worries…..I haven’t been able to do that in a year and a half…so it’s nice.
4. I get to have lunch with my Mom! Which is great, she’s my favorite, and she’s cute and little and always smells like cookies and Shalimar and we laugh till we cry…I miss her if I don’t see her every couple of days….
5. At the end of the month, Mr. 99 and I will have been married for 5 years…no small feat, and I’m looking forward to the week long vacation with him, and a special night, at our favorite inn, on our night, while my best friend wrangles the 99 Boys for us, because she knows how I worry when I’m not with them.
How about my fellow Bees?
Post # 3
@Nona99: 6. It’s a beautiful sunny day and I get to cycle home along the canal.
7. I get to sing tonight.
8. I get to spend tomorrow morning teaching the most wonderful group of students, passionate, curious and dedicated.
9. Then I get to drink champagne because it’s Saturday and it’s spring!
10. Lazy Sunday morning with Mr. Bulba, which involves Eggs Benedict.
11. A new post from you to make everyone smile!
Post # 4
12. Boss is gone today… and you better believe the mice are gonna play (mid-day bee browsing anyone?)
13. Regular season starts again for the Farmer’s Market tomorrow. My stuffy winterized condo deperately needs some wild flowers and fresh veggies.
14. A weekend full of basketball is on the horizon. FH and I are die hard Cards fans.
15. The day may end early without a Boss around so it’s only a few more hours til Wine O’clock.
Cheers to Friday beautiful bees!
Post # 5
16. FI and I finally have a weekend off together. We haven’t had one for a month
17. FI is taking me on a trail ride tomorrow. So excited, I haven’t been on a horse in 2 years (I used to ride regularly)
Post # 6
18. I get to spend an ENTIRE weekend straight with FI as he isn’t working at all! (A rare occurrence indeed)
19. Saturday we’re going out for an awesome boozy brunch (and we haven’t done that in 4 months)! Hellz yeah boozy brunch!!
20. It is supposed to be fairly nice out this weekend so we can play in the park with our dog-she will be quite pleased by this.
21. I might be able to convince FI to start running with me again now that the weather isn’t so bad-hooray to fitness not by myself!
Post # 7
22. My fiance and I have our wedding tasting event tomorrow night! So excited for that, and I get to forget about my diet for the day 🙂
23. Less than 5 hours until 5 o’clock and time to go home (esat coast time)
24. Great weather for the weekend ahead!
Post # 8
I feel pretty today, lol (and my sephora order should be here soon, wooo!)
Having lunch with a friend
It’s the Detroit Tigers Opening Day and you’d better believe I am cheering from Wisconsin! <3
FI and I have a lovely night in planned tonight as we have an afternoon excursion planned out of town tomorrow when he gets off work
Weekends are awesome. Hope everyone has a great one! 😉
Post # 9
25. Finally getting some nice weather and we can get some yard work done over the weekend, yay! We’re going to plant tomatoes, herbs, and lots of pretty annuals. I love flowers!
26. Finishing the set up on the home theater system in our bedroom. We upgraded our living room recently and moved our 27″ LED Toshiba to the bedroom. Everything is set in the living room now with great sound and a new 50″ LED Samsung that has the most amazing picture. I’m delighted with it.
27. I love to cook so I’ll come up with something fabulous for brunch. Studying Julia Child!
28. Hope to have a lot of alone time with my husband since we’ve been spending so much time with MIL lately due to an illness from which she’s recovering. We’ve seen her every. single. day. for about a month. I love her lots, but good grief I can’t wait to have my husband to myself for a little while.
29. Nona99 I can’t wait to see pics of Wort when he’s safe and sound and snuggled in your arms. I also LOVE the way you described your mom – she’s lucky to have you! 🙂
Post # 10
30. Cupcake tasting tomorrow!
Post # 11
31. We get to throw an engagement party tonight to celebrate the engagement of two of our really good friends (one was our best man in our wedding).
32. It should be beautiful here this weekend for me and DH and some friends to do the Color Run on Saturday.
33. Looking forward to also playing tennis on Sunday in this beautiful weather.
34. I made a new cupcake recipe last night (pink lemonade confetti cupcakes) and they smelled oh so good!
35. DH and I are both being very successful in our weight lose plans (via WW).
Post # 12
@Mrs.KMM: Please report back on the color run and recipe for the cupcakes please! 😉
Post # 13
@mrs_pudding_pop: Here’s the cupcake recipe and hopefully I can have some Color Run pictures to share next week!
Post # 14
@Mrs.KMM: ….you should mail me one of those….
Post # 15
36. Hey, I’m baking tonight, too! I’m making a strawberry cake with strawberry frosting (seriously, I’m going all out) to bring to my MIL’s house this weekend to celebrate the outlandish number of April birthdays in my FI’s family. I haven’t the time/energy to make the cake from scratch, so I’m following a few tips I saw on Pinterest to jazz the boxed mix up a bit – use 2x melted butter instead of oil, add an extra egg, and use milk instead of water. We’ll see how that goes. The frosting should be pretty magical; I always make frosting from scratch (the canned stuff is a travesty), and this recipe uses pulverized freeze-dried strawberries for flavor & color.
37. Midnight tonight marks the submission deadline for a pretty major grant that I administrate at work. Not like my workload will lighten, AT ALL, but this part of the process is pretty frantic and I’m looking forward to it being OVER.
38. BIRDS. ‘Tis the season for all of the pretty migrant species to return to my state, and I plan on spending a healthy chunk of time this weekend with my binoculars all but glued to my face. I like birds. A lot.
Post # 16
39. Just sent out the last of our invitations! So glad to have them done and out of the way.
40. My dress fitting is tomorrow!! Can’t wait to try it on again!! My mom and youngest sister is coming with me too.