- vanilla frosting
- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
Hello bees! So I am really in a bind here, as my dream wedding has been bashed to pieces by my family theatrics. Here’s the short of it…
- FI and Vanilla get engaged
- Dad Vanilla informs Vanilla that he will give her $30,000 to “spend how she chooses” for the wedding
- Vanilla and FI find a beautiful venue that can swing the wedding for less than the budget!!
- Dad and Mom Vanilla don’t like the venue or Philadelphia- they didn’t want to travel the 2 hours from the Poconos.
- Fighting ensues
- Vanilla informs Vanilla Parents that she is at her wits end, and will just pay for her dream wedding herself
- Reality ensues
- Vanilla and FI realize they cannot afford said dream wedding
Now here’s where I need all of the budget savvy bees. I have no idea where to even start with planning a budget wedding. What kind of venue options do I have? How do I save on food and alcohol and decor and still have the wedding of my dreams? We’re looking at a guest list of 150-200 people here…