(Closed) HELP!!! OLEG CASSINI CKP421 what to accessorize?

posted 5 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
1755 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@sherry1025:  Silver shoes would be very lovely.  Perhaps a silver and crystal headband like this one from etsy.

Post # 4
872 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Honestly, I think the dress has enough detail that too many accessories will look overdone. Maybe you could do a wrap instead of a bolero? My concern with a bolero is that it may clash with the one strap; if you do a bolero, I would choose something that completely covers that strap when it is on so that it doesn’t look visually messy. As for gloves, I would do either plain opaque satin, or a sheer organza; I think lace might be too busy. The headpiece the model in that picture has on is pretty; I think a headband like it would be really nice with the dress. 

I don’t think doing too little with this dress would look funny; the dress is really a showstopper and at a certain point in time, adding more might detract from the look and make the whole thing look too busy. Keep it simple! If you need a bolero and gloves for warmth, I think that is understandable, but if it’s just for looks I would consider leaving them out! 

As for shoes, I think silver would be really darling! 

Post # 5
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@MadameX:  I agree with all of this! This was my dress and it is just so beautiful and ornate, and adding a bolero and gloves might take away from the beauty of the dress.

I think a headband would be beautiful, but I am biased because this was my dress and I wore a sparkly headband.

I think silver shoes would be beautiful! 

Post # 6
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You had asked me for pictures of how I accessorized.

Dangling earrings, and headband

shot of headband

no necklace

necklace

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I agree with all this advice. While I like the belero and gloves, with this dress it would take away from all the exquisite details. Lindsayandchris09, you look amazing, the accesories were dead on! Exactly what I was thinking. Silver shoes would look very princess/queen. This is the dress I’m in love with but cannot afford 🙁 I am looking for a recycled dress.. so if anyone is looking to sell, please let me know!!! Im a size 6 so anything that can be taken in/out. I wish we could rent dresses, lol but I figure with every woman having a unique shape, it would be hard to get your dress to fit like a glove.

I think this dress it perfect, please let me know if anyone is looking to sell.

Thanks,

Desperatly seeking ckp421 (aka) tobemrsgagnebin

Post # 9
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have the same dress and I just bought this..

Post # 10
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m working on this problem too!  I’m thinking a bracelet and not a necklace. 

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I have this same dress and I just finished finding my accessories.  I ended up going more with a nude champagne shoe because I thought the silver looked odd with the ivory dress.  Also, I am doing a small pearl bracelet, pearl/crystal chandelier earrings, and a pearl/crystal hair comb.  I think less is more with this dress.  It’s beautiful and I love seeing pictures of how others have accessorized it!

Post # 12
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m so glad you posted this! This is my dress too, though I’m having two identical cap sleeves put on instead of just one strap. I’m planning to wear minimal accessories, because the dress is so grand, and I’m glad y’all agree.

I’m wearing silver flats, simple earrings, and a mantilla veil worn far on the back of my head–no other accessories. Hair will be half up, half down. With such a grand dress, who needs anything more?

Post # 12
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I know this thread is somewhat old, but I’m hoping one of you beautiful Oleg Cassini ckp421 brides wouldn’t mind doing me a HUGE favor. Could any of you get me the informaiton listed on the fabric tag on the inside of the garment that lists the exact percentage of the kinds of fabric it’s made out of? typically it’s located on the inside on the lining midway or partway down one of the seams. I would GREATLY appriciate it. 🙂 you can either PM me or I’ll check the comments in this feed. My deepest gratitude in advance! 

The topic ‘HELP!!! OLEG CASSINI CKP421 what to accessorize?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors