(Closed) Oleg Cassinin CGW365 alteration halter to sweetheart?!?!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - Adrianna Hill Grand Ballroom

@krobie24: Hi Krobie! I am not a seamstress or anything but I did try on this dress (one of my favorites). It may be difficult to keep enough structure in the dress to make the bust stay in place, but a good seamstress may be able to put boning in or find another way to make it stay up.

Post # 4
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@krobie24: Do you have a picture of your gown? I tried to google it with no luck. I’m altering my gown to a sweetheart. It’s an Allure 8824. It cost $200 for the alteration and it is being done by the designer. I haven’t got it back yet. I think sweethearts look nice on any dress, especially given the huge trend with them. I have had some regret on my sweetheart alteration-wondering if the fit will be the same, if it will be too revealing on my bust, etc etc. So, I don’t really have any good advice, except to think it over a lot before you decide. Here is my gown:

Post # 6
834 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@krobie24: Oh, that’s the dress I’ll be wearing! Honestly, it’s such a heavy dress, I’d be afraid to take off the halter straps! lol. You also have to take into account all that beading and detail work on the dress. That will make things more complicated, time consuming, and expensive. I believe there is already boning in the dress. I had a long line bra that I was going to wear, but I find it’s much more comfortable and flattering when I go without a bra.

Post # 7
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi All, 

I just bought this dress (cwg365) and I was thinking about altering the top to a sweetheart strapless. Has anyone done this? Any pictures? Krobie24, did you end up looking into this more?

thanks so much!!

The topic ‘Oleg Cassinin CGW365 alteration halter to sweetheart?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors