- 3 years ago
- Wedding: January 2014
I never thought I’d freak out about my wedding, but now that it’s only 5 weeks away (and with holidays and all, more like 3 weeks in real, practical time), I’m freaking out!
Granted, my wedding is small (45 guests, if they do all come) and it’s not as elaborate or fancy as many weddings being posted on this board, I’m starting to imagine the day of more and more now, and I get this weird queasy feeling in my stomach…thinking a whole lot of “what if”‘s.
1. What if my dress becomes too tight because I gain a bit of weight during the holidays?
– I just had my third and final fitting on Tuesday, and the dress fits like a glove after extensive taking in (for some reason, the waistline was huge on me even though I got 0P on DB). I don’t really anticipate myself to gain any weight because my weight has been steady, if not getting lower, for the past 2-3 years, but now that the dress is SUPER tight, I worry that gaining a bit or being bloated on the day of will make the dress so tight on me that I won’t be able to breathe…..
2. What if less than 40 people show up?
– FH and I were initially anticipating 55-60 guests, but the FILs dropped their entire guest list and decided to not invite anyone. Actually, we aren’t still sure if they are coming themselves. And then one couple from FH’s side turned out to be pregnant, and her due date is near our wedding date…and then my parents, thinking that the FILs might invite a lot of people, told our relatives in Korea to not fly in….etc etc so the list shrunk to 44 confirmed guests so far (including FH and I) and I worry that we might not hit our minimum of 40, and that FH and I will have to shell out the money for invisible guests. :
3. What if the photographer(s) stink(s)?
– FH and I hired two photographers, and we’ve reviewed their portfolio (gorgeous), but have not actually met either of them – and we won’t see them till the day of. Nervous!!!!
And other little things like, what if my friend plays the wrong music (we are doing iPod music for the ceremony), etc etc.
But those three are my top 3 worries as of now.
Iono, I guess I just needed to vent out my morning wedding panic attack.