(Closed) Only 200 photos? Advice?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
743 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My photog was there for 10 hours on the wedding day (and nothing else) and I got 844 photos from him.

So, yes, I think 200 photos is not enough.

Wait – do you mean they give you 200 prints or just give you 200 digital photos?  If they give you 200 prints, that is pretty sweet, but I would hope they give you more digital photos of your event…..

Post # 4
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

yeah.  That’s not nearly enough.  As a guest I’ve taken more than 200 pics at weddings.

Post # 5
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

200 hundred for the day and a trash the dress, that doesn’t seem like much.

Are these 200 prints or 200 digital? If it is prints do you get more that are digital? If not I would get more.

If that is the most you can get maybe one of your guests has a good camera and likes taking photos and they could take pictures as well?

Post # 7
11172 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Wow that doesn’t leave a whole lot to choose from. Are you sure they mean 200 photos total taken? Or 200 photos edited and included in an album/ on a cd?

My photographer gave me 800 photos but only 100 of those will be in the album (once I narrow it down).

Post # 8
1274 posts
Bumble bee

I would definitely clarify if it’s 200 total prints or digital. If it’s prints that would make sense but hopefully you can get the rest on a disc. 200 doesn’t seem like a lot. But maybe you have to pay more to get more?  Is there a coordinator you can talk to to confirm?

Edit: I was obviously typing as you responded. YIKES. See if you can add more, that seems ridic to me. 

Post # 9
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Only 200 on a CD, definitely see if you can add more.

Post # 10
2335 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I would get a new photographer.  Any photographer who suggests that 200 pictures is appropriate for 10+ hrs of wedding coverage and TTD session doesn’t seen very professional to me.

I got more photos at my 1.5 hr e-session.

Post # 11
2084 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1993

Sorry, I agree with PP; that doesn’t seem nearly enough. If you got 200 polished, perfected amazing highlights from both days, then perhaps, but otherwise, no.

Post # 13
4194 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Does this mean that they take 200, or are they giving you 200 color corrected images? Our photographer took well over 1000, but only the best will be retouched,etc.

Post # 14
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think it’s very strange that they are telling you that you will get 200 photos. If they shoot more than that they should give you more than that. Try to find a photographer who you pay for time, with no image restriction. What are they going to do- edit 200 photos and then stop, even if you have other great photos? So if they hit 200 after editing your first dance they aren’t going to give you cake cutting photos?

Sorry, as a photographer I get annoyed when other photogs do stupid things to clients. You can find someone better.

Post # 15
9552 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

First, I’m assuming that the photographer will take many more than 200 pictures but will only edit and put onto CD for you the 200 best pictures. They’re basically doing the weeding out work for you.

I’m only getting 200 but that’s only for the wedding day. Sometimes I think getting tons of pictures isn’t really worth it. I mean do you really think that years from now you’ll want to go through 300 pictures? How often do you go through that many pictures from vacations or form your childhood. For me, I get bored after about 100. Definately after 200. But, obviously, if you want more picutres then look into other possibilities.

Post # 16
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

That’s really not enough, in my opinion.  We should be getting around 600 (soon!) and I think I’d want at least 100 from the TTD shoot alone!

The topic ‘Only 200 photos? Advice?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors