(Closed) Only one person RSVP’d

posted 9 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
Member
3332 posts
Sugar bee

How many people did you invite?  How long did you give people to respond? 

I’d give it about a week and then I’d start contacting people via email/phone to see if they’ll be attending.

Post # 4
Member
908 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think it’s time to divide up the invites and get your Mom, FMIL and fiance to start calling people.  My deadline was over a week ago and I’m still waiting for 2 people.  It’s SO irritating!

Post # 5
Member
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I completely understand the no RSVPs thing!  We waited about a week from the date we needed them and I decided to get in touch via email and let them know that if I did not hear from them within a 48 hour period I was taking that as a no.

We of course have a cruise wedding and while it doesn’t matter if people decide to join us on the boat after the rsvp date–we can not have them attend the ceremony so I figured with 55% in and the other 45% missing I would just “bite the bullet” and think the rest were not coming…

Post # 6
Member
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

That’s really odd.  Like the others said unless you HAVE to get a number into your caterer now, I’d wait a week and then start making calls.

Post # 7
Member
2889 posts
Sugar bee

Talk to your families. I haven’t sent mine out yet but was talking to my aunt yesterday and she already mentioned some family members who she does not expect to RSVP based on past actions. If you sent out more than 20 and only have 1, I would start making calls, there could have been an issue with the mail or people could just be on vacation.

Post # 9
Member
2634 posts
Sugar bee

Eeekkkk – I’d definitely be calling some people and SOON!  GL and I hope you end up getting your headcount.

Post # 10
Member
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

WOW! As the other Ladies said, you need to split up the names to family and friends and start making calls. It’s harrassing time :).

Post # 11
Member
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

i’d split up the list between you, your FI, etc and start calling. did some think they’d already rsvp’ed through conversations you had earlier?

Post # 12
Member
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

start calling those people, tell them you need to know asap to give a headcount to the caterer

 

I sent mine out 4 months ago because half were out of towners

I am glad I did, everyone came back except for one; she has to figure out if she’s going on vacation or not; I am going to send another e-mail 10 days before to confirm

 

I am leaving nothing to chance in case of no shows at 246/head i do not want that to happen

 

one friend had 10 no shows and lost $700 another had 10 no shows and lost $1800

Post # 13
Member
952 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

That is odd. Like others have said, divvy up the list and start making calls!

Post # 14
Member
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Definitely make some calls. Tell them you need to know a head count for seating and food so no one is left guessing. Don’t guess who you think will be coming. Never know, people you may think won’t come may and vice versa.

The topic ‘Only one person RSVP’d’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors