Post # 1
Hello Fellow Bees!
About half of our guests are coming in from out of town (as in making a good ol 5 1/2 hour drive) and I want to put together some sort of bag for them but I seem to be stuck in what to put in it. They won’t be in town long enough to do any sight seeing of any kind (so there goes my idea of including maps to local sights) and I’m on a bit of a tight budget. Sooo can anyone suggest items that they put in their OOT bags that can be done sort of on the cheap? Or can I/should I forgo the bag altogether?
Post # 3
There are tons of threads out there but some of the takeaways I like:
- postcards of places of interest (espically since they won’t be able to visit)
- bottles of water, snacks, trail mix, etc
- alcohol (hotel mini bars are super expensive)
- game book (crossword, soduku)
- welcome newsletter-include facts about the place, your story, event timeline, map to/from venue, important phone numbers
- DIY ice pack for the day after hang over (dishsoap and a ziplock bag-but I will use a vacuum sealer)
- single servings of pepto, tylenol, band-aids, alcohol wipes, breath mints, etc
I think they are a really nice touch and can be done for super cheap-do paper bags instead of cloth to save money.