- 2 months ago
- Wedding: May 2017
My saga continues. Yesterday we paid the initial deposit on our new home and opened escrow. Closing date is May 19th. 11 days before the wedding.
Basically simultaneously my fiancé was with his father at the doctor’s and they decided FFIL is no longer a candidate for continuing chemo therapy. The doctors suggested treating the symptoms, palliative care. But my father in law wants to try an experimental drug that has been used and passed FDA regulations for a different type of cancer. It’s another clinical trial, his third. They will check weekly and reassess in six weeks. If the adverse effects are too much, then he will be able to stop treatment immediately.
One bit of good news is that FFIL got a steroid injection into his vocal chords and has been able to speak more easily the past week. We floated the idea of video taping him giving his speech for the wedding, he is thinking about it.
I just can’t believe this is all happening at the same time. I’ll also begin my job applications soon for getting a full time teaching position next school year. It’s all just so much at once.
I’m trying to remember that the painful moments will pass and when we have mourned, we will be able to find the happiness that has been overshadowed by my father in law’s declining health.
Thanks for your continued support and positivity, Bees. This community is invaluable.