Opinions! Photos! Sash & adding straps to my lace dress (Mori Lee 1862)

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: How should I wear my dress?
    Strapless with a sash and necklace (please suggest style) : (45 votes)
    66 %
    Add straps and sash (please suggest style) : (19 votes)
    28 %
    Other (please comment) : (4 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    1104 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I actually ilke it better strapless, but do what makes you feel comfortable! Love the sash! And hair!

Post # 5
    4015 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Strapless! You look fabulous without the straps! And I would still wear your hair up in the loose updo you showed, it will look amazing. I like either the first flower sash or the one you have on with the strapless photos, it gives good symmetry.

Post # 6
    1830 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I would say strapless as well! If it’s a comfort issue though the straps don’t look bad at all. The flower sash is pretty but I like the other one better. 

Post # 7
    249 posts
    Helper bee

I vote strapless too! But I am biased since it is my dress as well and I think I will go strapless! I love your hair inspiration picture – you will look gorgeous with it. Also, I think the pearls would look nicer than the pendant. 

Post # 8
    728 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Personally, I think the strapless looks beautiful on you but if I had to pick straps, it would be the first picture. Those straps look so dainty! 

Post # 9
    Hostess
    10876 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

@Sunsets89: I prefer it strapless on you, I think this is because you have a small frame and te straps emphasise it. My favourite look is the one where you’re wearing the pearls and I like that sash too. 

Post # 10
    2595 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I love the straps – they really show off your delicate shoulders (IMHO, girls with less delicate shoulders don’t look as good with thinner straps). Also I like how they mimic the pattern of the dress. That way the look like part of the dress instead of being added on.

I voted yes for a sash as well. I actually like the one you have on in a couple of the photos, with the bling to the centre.

Post # 11
    2880 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 1998

I really love it strapless on you and with the first sash:)))

Post # 12
    15 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2015

i think strapless looks great on you. The hair and necklace are beautiful.  As for the sash, I do agree that the dress is a little plain, and I like the sash from your first pic, very elegant.  I kinda like the sash you had on in the other pic too, but I agreed, it’s a little too wide so it looks kinda weird.

Post # 13
    2079 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@Sunsets89:  I think thin straps and a thin sash would look nice on you and your beautiful dress. You appear petite and thin. I think thick straps and a sash overwhelms you and the dress a bit.

Post # 14
    1881 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

The thin floral straps are amazinggggg

Post # 15
    337 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@Sunsets89:  i like strapless and the first sash with the flower suits you and the dress really well.

Post # 16
    3394 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@Sunsets89:  I like the flower sash and I, personally, would like an inch or so wide halter strap. Not sure how I feel about two straps…

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors