Post # 1
My SO and I are complete opposites in almost every way. For instance:
1. I am very optomistic and I tend to see the good in everyone. He is more pessimistic and is way more suspicious of people
2. He loves working out, I prefer to not lol
3. Things impact him more, and he is way more sensitive than I am. I tend to brush things off.
4. I love the beach, he loves the mountains
5. I love animals and want a ton of pets, he likes them but sees dollar signs everytime I bring it up
So tell me, are you and your SO opposites? How so?
Post # 3
- Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia
Ah, you mean like magnets! 🙂
FI and I are opposites, but only to a certain degree.
– I’m a bit more outgoing than FI is; he’s much more shy and quiet in new social situations
– Same with the beach while he loves the mountains! I grew up close to a beach most of my life for 16 years. There’s barely any beaches in the Prairies.
– I like savoury snacks; he prefers sweets
– I’m generally messy; he’s tidier and more organized. I’m lucky he wasn’t looking for a housewife because I was looking for a house-husband, lol
– Culturally, we’re also very different. In my culture, it’s common to have kids living with parents until they marry. In his culture, once you’re 18, you’re on your own.
Post # 4
My hubby is literally the guy version of me. We’re both super outgoing, same crazy sense of humor, can be a little sensitive… But we look opposite lol he’s 6 foot blonde hair blue eyes all American, I’m 5’2 dark hair dark eyes more exotic looking.
Post # 5
He’s tidy, I’m messy. Our music tastes definitely vary. He’s far taller than I am. We’re pretty similar otherwise.
Post # 6
He’s shy, quiet and private.
I’m outgoing and boisterous & within 15 mins of meeting me, you’ll know my whole life story hehe.
He craves sweets, I crave salty
He’s calm, I’m a nervous wreck at times.
He has an amazingly wicked sense of humor, I don’t lol.
Opposites do attract!
Post # 7
He’s an early bird. I’m a night owl.
He loves salty snacks. I love sweet.
He’s a meat & potatoes guy. I can eat pasta everyday.
He likes family gatherings. I hate them.
He’s laid-back & calm. I’m usually a nervous nut.
He likes Sci-FI shows. I like crime shows.
He likes beer. I like fruity drinks.
He likes to dress very casual. I like getting all dolled-up.
He’s not a clean freak. I am.
He likes the ocean. I like the beach.
Post # 8
These are so interesting! My SO and I have some things in common too like our religion, our love of food, our love of family, and our love of travel. But mostly we are different. I think we are the same in stuff that matters, but thats where the line stops lol.
Post # 9
My mom says, “Opposites attract, but they don’t stay together.” Hence the first ex-RedHeadKel. Lol! But whatever works!
Post # 10
I am extremely spontaneous, I overthink EVERYTHING, I am always paranoid.
My husband is my anchor and slows me down. He is my calm when I spaz out, and he definitely keeps me level.
Aside from those differences, we’re pretty similar.