we are officially married and I’m so excited!!! The weekend was not without a few hiccups, of course, but by the time we said I Do, I stopped caring and just went with the flow.
1. Matron of Honor #1 couldn’t fly across the country as she just had a baby (we knew this was a possibility when we set the date, but i never imagined it’d actually happen)
2. Matron of Honor #2 was about 3 months preggers, so I was out a drinking buddy (keep reading, you’ll see why this is important)
3. OOT/Welcome bags never got delivered – we didn’t know where everyone was staying, so i was going to give them out at the Welcome Dinner, which proceeded the Rehearsal Dinner, which no one showed up to. Then Groom & groomsmen should have placed them on the chairs before the ceremony, and alas forgot. I’m now thankful I didn’t put too much money into them – time & effort, yes, but this was a budget wedding so at least i saved some dough.
4. Photography – 2nd photographer was sick so she didn’t show up, which i was bummed about – i specifically chose this photographer for the 2 of them. also, the main photographer was 30 minutes late to the ceremony because she couldn’t find it. correct me if i’m wrong, but shouldn’t she have scoped out the area prior to that day and knew where she was supposed to be?!
5. we were ready to arrive at the reception before any guests were there so we stopped off at a nearby bar. Now, remember how i only have one MOH who can’t drink because she’s pregnant?? Well, my groom & his best man don’t drink either, so i had a shot with a regular at the bar, got busseled up and then we walked down to the reception. We were still there before half the guests, so we waited out front with a glass of champagne for me / sparkling cider for my hubby and got to see some guests as they arrived.
There were actually a few other things that went wrong, but these we’re the biggies to me. I’m still a little bitter about some of it, but I’m sure it’ll pass as the years of wedded bliss go by!
On to the fun part – PHOTOS!!! These are from guests, it’ll take about 4-6 weeks to receive the pro shots.
Guys all ready:
Mom & Dad walking me down the “aisle”
listening to the wedding script:
My little brother married us!!
My lovely flower girls & I:
Us, waiting to be “annouced” – was laughing at all that went wrong by this time.
Our Grand Entrance:
Sneak Peak at our Trash the Dress photo shoot a couple days after the wedding: