- 8 years ago
- Wedding: April 2010
We can’t say enough about our honeymoon at the Sandals Regency in St. Lucia. It was everything the photos on their website and the reviews have said.
We choose St Lucia because we wanted to go somewhere tropical that had some Mountains and was a short flight.
We choose Sandals because we wanted an all inclusive. We wanted to be able to pay for the trip months in advance and not worry with extra expenses so close to the wedding. We did add a day of golf and a jeep excursion once we got there but glad we spent the extra money to do these two things. The food was AMAZING!!! All the food and drinks were included. The only dinner not included was a dinner on the beach, which we did and it was the most romantic, peaceful thing we’ve ever done! They don’t expect tips at the Sandals resort which is nice too. Our room was one of the Honeymoon Suites which had a private balacony, bar and mini-fridge, room service included in it. We are glad we got the package that included room service because we used it 3 times because we were leaving or coming back from excursions at off times from the resturants.
We met lots of other couples on their honeymoons and we invited to a wedding on the beach by another couple! Glad we went to their wedding. We took pictures for them!
A FEW TIPS!
1. We are glad we left a day after the wedding. We took Sunday to catch up on rest, re-pack our bags and check out Facebook for some wedding photos! LOL
2. We packed our swimsuits/cover-up in our carry-on bags so we could hope right in the pool upon arrival. Glad we did this because the airline lost our luggage. So we still had a good time because we had our swimsuits! Luggage arrived on Day 2
3. If you have less then an hour between flights you might consider giving yourselft more time in between because… this is the reason for our bags not making it. They didn’t have enough time to get from plane A to plane B. We barely had time we ran to the next plane. Which also meant we didn’t eat! Which brings me to tip 4!
4. Take a sack lunch- So many of the airlines are not offering meals any more. We normally fly Continental and they have meals (I think this is going away for them too). So we were quite hungry and bought the expensive bag of chips on the plane.
5. Take lots of sunscreen- I only packed one of the spraycans of sunscreen and it lasted two days. Sunscreen is expensive there.
6. Book the Candlelight Dinner on the beach- Again this was so romantic and the food was really good. There was only one other couple having dinner on the beach and they were about 30 feet away from us. So it felt like we were out there alone. They also made us menus with our names on the coverpage with the date and location of our dinner.
7. Take the free pro-photo session- We did one at the candlelight dinner and one on the cliff at sunset overlooking the cove. You can buy as many photos right there or ask that they put them on the CD. We had them put on a CD because then you can buy more prints later. The CD was the same cost