(Closed) Our cake sucked. I paid over $700. Should I even bother?

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 3
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

hmm..no pictures.

Post # 4
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Cant see the pics but I’m so sorry you were disapointed! I don’t think you’re being unreasonable at all, and I WOULD demand at least a partial refund. 

Post # 6
1245 posts
Bumble bee

Yeah, I’m really sorry that happend, but now you can let others know not to go to that baker and save them the head ache! I agree, you wouldn’t be out of line asking for a partial refund

Post # 7
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Have you reported her to the BBB?  Then your complaint would show up if anyone googled her.

Post # 8
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Report her to the better business bureau and i would try to get a partial refund. She sounds wretched!

Post # 9
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

You def have the right to talk with her and tell her how you feel and demanding a partial refund isnt out of line at all. That’s a big purchase and if she screws up, she needs to know about it and compensate you! If shes not returning calls, I would go to her work. Good luck!

Post # 10
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Oh wow! Yeah I saw the pics. Honestly the cake looked like it was really old. Did it have a dry taste???? I would definetly complain! That is NOT a $725 cake! Take the pictures into her shop to show her. That way she cant say your lying or wont take you seriously.

Post # 12
1245 posts
Bumble bee

Definitely talk to her about a partial refund, but make sure to be calm about it first!

Post # 13
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Just saw the pics! Wow you have every right to be upset!!! The nerve of her to even give it to you.. thats embarrasing on her part.

Post # 14
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Well the good news is, I think it looks fine from a distance so your guests prob didn’t even notice. But considering the cracks/unevenness/etc you can see closer you should def ask for a partial refund

Post # 15
1638 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

How sad, I couldn’t even see your letters until the close up picture! I would ask for a partial refund and report her to BBB. She obviously didn’t give you what you wanted and paid for!

Post # 16
332 posts
Helper bee

You should get the money back. Thats bad business if she doesn’t refund you. If she is dumb and wont give you a refund I would threaten her with reporting to BBB. But yes, def go talk to her face to face. Its easy to ignore an email and Im sure she knows she did a horrible job so she is avoiding you. Sorry you cake turned out so bad but CONGRATS on the rest of your wedding!

The topic ‘Our cake sucked. I paid over $700. Should I even bother?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors