Outdoor Central PA late June 2014-PLEASE advise- not from the area :)

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
65 posts
Worker bee

I am from Central PA and was born and raised there, I only recently moved to Northern PA.  I am from the Jersey Shore Area but am very familiar with Harrisburg.  What you need to realize about this area is that you are in a “valley”.  The weather can be sunny and 90 one minute, severe thunderstorms the next, then into the 60s.  I am not trying to scare you, you should be fine.  The weather is just very unpredicatable in this area, the Susquehanna River flows right through this area and storms are known to follow the river.  

June will most likely be 80/90s during the day, then dip into the 60/70s at night.  Don’y be surprised at a Thunderstorm or rain, it’s almost an everyday occurance in the summer.

Post # 4
2217 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Welcome to the hive! I am from York, currently living in Harrisburg- right where you are talking about! It will probably be hot during the day but should cool down to a comfortable temperature once the sun goes down. I agree with PP, though, the weather can be somewhat unpredictable. Last year, for example, wasn’t very hot over the summer. I wore long jeans mostly. It tends to be quite buggy though especially at that time of day so make sure you have bug spray handy!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors