(Closed) Over 100 people have not rsvp'd WHAT DO I DO????

posted 5 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
1600 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Ouch! Email is probably the fastest/easiest way to reach out. You could say something like “This email is going to anyone invited to our wedding who has not RSVP’d yet. I realize that some of you may be in difficult situations due to Sandy, however, our vendors/caterer need an accurate count by (date) so if you could please respond ASAP, we would greatly appreciate it. Also, if you know anyone who does not have internet/phone access becaue of the storm, please let me know how I can get a hold of them to make sure they are safe and to see if they’d like to take a few hours break from hurricane relief to celebrate with us.”

That’s pretty wordy (I’m a wordy person) but just make sure you’re firm yet sensitive, especially if the hurricane was/is an issue for some of your guests. 

I’d give them a few days to respond to the email, then start calling those who still haven’t responded. If it’s, like, 2 days before the final count is needed, there’s nothing wrong with saying “If I do not hear from you by (date), we will have to assume that you are unable to attend and therefore a seat will not be reserved due to limited space” or something. Again, remain polite yet firm.

Post # 5
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think email would be fine given your situation – but I would definitely try calling those that you dont hear from soon.

Post # 6
11753 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Start calling!!  Split it up between you and your Fiance.

Post # 9
1600 posts
Bumble bee

I think email is fine, whether it’s a “blanket” email or if you do it individually.

Post # 10
8426 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@emilyfhoffman:  I would send out a mass email and then get to calling!

Split it up…. Between you, FI and maybe even your bridesmaids too!! Good luck! 

Post # 11
3092 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@emilyfhoffman:  You can bcc so they can’t see others emails and just send the first one to yourself.

Post # 12
3943 posts
Honey bee

@emilyfhoffman:  I would call people. My friends/family are usually terrible at responding to emails.

I have to ask-how many did you invite to your wedding?

Post # 14
11753 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@emilyfhoffman:  Oh, I’m sorry.  How about enlisting the help of your mom and/or your MIL?

Post # 15
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@emilyfhoffman:  Why is calling impossible?  Our RSVP deadline is coming up and a week after that I plan on splitting up the list between me, MOB and MOG!  Plus, this way you get responses immediately vs. waiting for emails to pop up.

If you want to email I agree with @Stace126:  ‘s suggestion.  A personalized email would take more time than calling IMO!

Post # 16
2401 posts
Buzzing bee

Phone calls. Best way to reach anyone. Emails can easily be ignored and forgotten. Get your mom, MIL, best friend, cousin, aunt… whoever has some time and cell minutes. 

The topic ‘Over 100 people have not rsvp'd WHAT DO I DO????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors