Post # 1
Hey bees! I thought this could be a fun topic to discuss. I’ve been married a year and a half, and there are certain things about our wedding day that still make me smile when I think about them…
- I had a “first look” with my dad instead of my husband
- Seeing DH smile and tear up when I walked down the aisle
- The song I walked down the aisle to – it was such an emotional moment
- Turning around to take communion with DH and whispering to him that I had been “nervous farting” all morning…hahaha
- My dad (who married us) changed the final prayer last minute to include parts of a prayer he said over me EVERY night as a child
- Not being able to finish our food at the reception because we were too excited for the wedding NIGHT to eat 😉
- Fitting my poofy ballgown into the car after the wedding – it was a lot of work and so funny!
So what about you? How long have you been married and what do you fondly remember? 🙂
Post # 2
I’ve been married a year…. There are so many things I absolutely loved about my wedding day and that make me smile 🙂 Here are a few:
– Jamming out to cheesy love songs with my bridesmaids while getting ready
– Trying to set up my pinwheels to line the aisle outside and having a dog from the winery come and steal one! My MOH was running after the dog as it tore the pinwheel to shreds and I was laughing my ass off. The dog left it completey destroyed on the ground and my MOH said, “Well… I don’t think we can save this one…”
– The most amazing moment was walking down the aisle (which was horrifically long) with my mom and dad. Seeing all of the people I love smiling at me was so amazingly overwhelming!
-Dancing the night away! DH and I do Zumba and they played one of our Zumba songs! We of course knew the choreographed dance so did it while everyone watched. People thought we planned it that way. It was hilarious!
-Right after we were announced at our reception we had everyone come onto the dance floor and dance to “Tonight’s Gonna be a Good night”. It was PACKED and everyone was jumping up and down and rocking out! It really set the mood for the rest of the night and was AMAZING!!!
– Hanging out with my cousins in the hotel lobby bathroom for like 30 minutes at our afterparty! We were taking ridiculous pictures and had so much fun!
– DH and I being the last ones at our after party and calling/paying/putting some of our friends in cabs to make sure they got back to their hotels safely!! Then we crashed hard core (the only time DH has EVER turned me down!!! hahaha!)
Thinking about my wedding day makes me so happy… it was the best day ever!!