(Closed) P90X Buddies 04/12-04/18

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Can I make a suggestion as I’m a dropout getting started again. Can people put their program? I.e. Lean, Doubles, or regular 

I got about 4 weeks into doubles last year and then my knee flared up ๐Ÿ™ I think I’m going with lean this time and then round two doing regular… 

Post # 4
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hi Bees that are “BRINGING IT!”,

I thoroughly enjoyed my rest day yesterday..lol! Instead of the optional stretch dvd or “rest day”…I usually choose the rest day. Today is my “recovery week” and am scheduled to do Yoga today. To be honest…I am dreading it….lol! 1.5hrs….but will do it because I have the accountability of you bees motivating me.

@Future Mrs. Martin: CONGRATULATIONS!!! 3 lbs! Wow! What motivation to keep going! Now I know I have to do my Yoga tonight!

@KLP2010: I am doing the classic version…but after I finish this 1st round (in 5 weeks) I will start the Doubles. 

Ready to Bring it another week!

Post # 6
2342 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hi ladies!!  I’m on the wagon again, starting week 2 in lean!  I did it last Sept and got all the way to week 9 and stopped working out completing because of the holidays and wedding stuff, but with 1.5 months left I need to be really good!  So thanks for the motivation!

Post # 7
58 posts
Worker bee

@Future Mrs. Martin: I did my yoga tonight…ugh 1.5hrs worth…lol! I do feel really relaxed though. Dive bombers are grueling…lol! How did Ab ripper go tonight?

@jingle96: You can do it! One week at a time.

Can’t wait to hear how everyone is doing thus far! Keep up the good work!

Post # 8
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Ahh, week three here we go!  I am doing regular.

Getting ready to start chest and back and abs after that.  Probably my least favorite night of the week.  Probably because I can only do girl push ups still.  But I am hoping to graduate to regular ones.  I am down 11 lbs in the last month and a half to two months, but I can really tell a difference in my muscles in just the last two weeks.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Post # 9
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hmm, you girls are making me want to go regular!

Yesterday, we had a groupon for a hot yoga studio. It was $25 for a 10 class card! I’m planning on doing that in place of the P90x yoga! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 2…. I could do cardio for lean… or switch to plyo for regular….. I’ll check in later and let you know ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
1246 posts
Bumble bee

I am still waiting for mine to come! it should be here thursday! but i did get the pull up bar put together yesterday and a got a resistance band! Are you ladies using a resistance band or bumbbells? I have both at home and I am just going to see what works best.

Post # 11
58 posts
Worker bee

@alishadhs4: I have the pull up bar, a set of 5 lb weights and resistance bands. Mostly I use the resistance bands though and alternate between weights when I feel like the resistance bands feel awkward for the exercise he is doing. 

Post # 12
1246 posts
Bumble bee

I have 5’s at home, but  i use 12.5-17.5 at the gym, because i liek doing higher weight/lower reps, but i think for this i will try lighter weights (5,8 and 10) and higher reps. I am so excited for it to get here.

Are any of you ladies willing to post your before, 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day photos? I know its a long time to stick to this thread but we can do it!

Post # 13
571 posts
Busy bee

Hi Ladies,

My Fi and I are on day 11 of the classic version and I am feeling much better in week 2 than I did in week 1!  I have yoga tonight and I am really looking forward to it.  It is long, but I really love the workout (my FI hates it though).

So far, chest and back is my hardest day and I am having a hard time pushing myself because I keep getting so demoitivated because I don’t feel like I am doing the pushups right and I can’t do pull ups without the chair.  At least that’s the first one to start the week– it’s all downhill for me after that one.

Post # 14
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hi Ladies,

I almost forgot to check in!  Today is the first day of our Week 4 of the Lean Program, which means it’s recovery week for me and my FI.  Which also means we’re doing yoga tonight, which I hate.  How can you guys look forward to yoga?

I started out using bands for the resistance moves, but now use weights because I feel like I can track my progress better with weights (as opposed to the bands, since it’s more difficult to measure the amount of resistance for some moves).  I use as little as 3 lbs. for some of the tricept moves and up to 10 lbs. for bicept curls and a few other things.  But mostly I use 5 lbs. or 8 lbs. 

Concerning my diet, I have been good about eating in the sense that I eat healthier food and keep my calorie intake at about 1200-1300 calories every day (it’s difficult, but I have a bias-cut dress to fit my curvy arse into!).  However, I eat too many carbs to say that I “follow” the p90x program, but I certainly try to eat more protein than I would normally.  My daily breakdown is usually 30-40% protein, 35-45% carbs, and 25% fat, while phase I of the program suggests 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat.  So yeah, I’m not there, but I try.

Since day 1 of p90x (i.e., after 21 days), I have lost 9.5 pounds!  FYI, I am 5’7″ and I went from 180 to 170.5.  I can tell that my arms are starting to tone up and my FI keeps saying that I am starting to look “sleeker.”  I think that’s his way of saying that my love handles are smaller and my back fat is noticeably less (I have noticed it too).  My (true) waist is smaller, probably by at least an inch, and although my jeans are only slightly looser, they are starting to fit differently (in a good way).

After we take pictures next week on day 30, I will try to remember to post my Day 1 and Day 30 pics (face cropped, obvi!).  Unless of course y’all insist that I don’t, ha ha!  They’re not hot at all, but I know that I wanted very much to see what “real people” results looked like when I was researching p90x. 

Good luck this week, everyone!!

Post # 15
1246 posts
Bumble bee

@Witz,….yes please post photos!

Post # 16
58 posts
Worker bee

@Witz: I am in rest week too. I sooooo can relate to hating Yoga X….lol! I have Core Synergistics tonight…so we’ll see how it goes. And YES I am procrastinating on the computer…putting it off…lol!

The topic ‘P90X Buddies 04/12-04/18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors