(Closed) painting & remodeling

posted 7 years ago in Home
Post # 4
14303 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Is your carpet brown also?  Theres definitely a lot of brown going on with your couch and curtains.  I like the tan paint and love the accent wall though.  Can you pick a curtain that has the red and/or some other colors in it  to bring some more color into the room?  Or  some colorful jewel toned accent pillows?

Post # 6
2790 posts
Sugar bee

I think red would be a good choice for the curtains. I like the colors you chose for the walls though. It turned out very pretty.

Post # 7
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I vote for blue because I love brown, red and blue together. I am bias though because our living room walls are tan, our blinds are dark wood, and we have a tan/espresso sectional. We have dark brown chairs, red accent pillows, and a blue and dark brown rug. We have a painting on one wall that ties it all together which I highly recommend doing if you have a few different colors going on.

Here are some pics from our engagement photos that may show you what I mean:

Post # 8
4415 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

The colors you chose for your walls are really nice.

You have a lot of solid colors in the room.  What about adding a pattern?  Maybe striped curtains or a geometric of some kind.  I could seen three bands of horizontal stripes, three shades of tan going from light to dark, with an accent stripe of red between each band… I don’t know if you’re handy with sewing or not.  Also, so red pillows to brighten up your sofas would look nice too. Otherwise, I think red curtains would look great too. 

Post # 10
2026 posts
Buzzing bee

i like the brown curtains, but they are a bit much with the brown couch. what about some tan/red throw pillows the couch, or perhaps a brown curtain with a bit of a pattern/texture? Or perhaps a lighter brown more close to the wall color. nowhere does it say that all the browns have to match.

Here’s a brown/red/tan room from google:

Post # 13
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I like the red curtains.

Im not feeling the brown either but I do like that red.. so I think you may need something to kinda soften the two together.. or go all out. Leave the brown couches.. and go get some red photo frames and hang them up to and get it all flowing together or red cushions?

Or id simply go get white and paint over the brown and start again 🙂

But keep the red hun! I like!

The topic ‘painting & remodeling’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors