(Closed) Parent gift from Bride & Groom???

posted 6 years ago in Gifts and Registries
  • poll: Parent gift?
    Bride & Groom give their own parents, their own gifts : (1 votes)
    3 %
    Together, they give each parent a gift : (30 votes)
    88 %
    I didn't get my parents anything : (3 votes)
    9 %
    Other (post below) : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    4485 posts
    Honey bee

I have yet to attend a wedding where the couple purchased anything for the parents. I don’t know anyone who does this type of thing. Usually the parents are gifted with a photo album with wedding pics after they are developed, but it isn’t a wedding gift per se.

Post # 4
    7587 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

We presented everyone with gifts at the rehearsal dinner. While Darling Husband gave a thank you toast I passed out the gifts.

Post # 5
    775 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I believe that you as a couple give your parents gifts. I’m gonna give mine a framed picture of us (they will get to pick their favorite). Our parents are pretty simple and will like that (our wedding is in Aug). Then for Christmas we will give them a parents album and in the parents albums we will have our engagement pictures AND the wedding pictures. 

Post # 7
    43 posts
    • Wedding: December 2012

We giving gifts to our parents from the both of us.  Our moms and dads are getting personalized hankies with their monogram on it.  Our moms are criers and our dads will be ‘sweatin’, not in a gross way, but they’ll be nervous, especially my dad with walking me down the aisle.  (He’ll want something nice to wipe his forehead).  We are giving these out during the rehearsal dinner and then after the wedding is over, we are giving them a wedding portfolio.

Post # 8
    2849 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I like the idea of giving each set of parents a gift from both Fiance and me. I have no idea what though. It seems like a photo album would be a great idea, but then they will have nothing at the rehearsal dinner. 

Post # 9
    6998 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

our gifts were from both of us and it was a gift for the two of them – we got each set of parents weekends in Charleston at a B&B 🙂

Post # 10
    893 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

We’re most likely going to give a gift to both sets of parents together, but it’ll probably won’t be until after the wedding.

Post # 11
    3375 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

We gave embroidered hankies and silver picture frames.

Post # 13
    573 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I think we’re going to go with cards from both of us, and then something a little more personalized for the mom’s just because they are very similar in their likes/dislikes. The dads are getting something different because they are so opposite!

The topic ‘Parent gift from Bride & Groom???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors