(Closed) Parental Meet & Greet in NYC – Restaurant Suggestions?

posted 9 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
214 posts
Helper bee

We did Landmarc in the Time Warner Center.  It seems to fit your bill but I would recommend against doing it at brunch because it can get noisy.

Post # 4
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

The Little Owl is right near my apartment and it’s one of those places it’s impossible to get a table at anyway – at least it was like that fairly recently. The neighborhood has a TON of great restaurants, though, and it’s cute and fun to walk around. If I were you, though, I’d make a reservation as soon as you decide on a place. I’ve learned it’s always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to restaurant reservations in NY.

I Tre Merli has fabulous Italian food (the Rigatoni Bolognese tastes like it does IN Bologna) and they serve liquor. One if By Land, Two if by Sea is pretty good, too.

If you’re looking for Seafood, DON’T go to Fish. I got the worst food poisoning after eating there. So awful.

Post # 5
853 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

how about asiate? it’s in the mandarin orientale but it’s quite low key. the food is new american and you’ll be able to hear yourselves talk – plus talk about a great view of the park (ask to be seated by the window)

Post # 6
997 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - The Pierre Hotel

How about Sarabeth’s for brunch, or BLT Market?  Landmarc, as previously suggested, is also good.  Serafina is good for not-stuffy Italian, and Park Avenue Summer has a good pri fixe menu.

Good luck!

Post # 7
1956 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

There’s tons of great resturants not too far from Columbus Circle on the Upper West Side.  i LOVE Bettola (think it’s like, 77th and Amsterdam?) which is Italian as well as Kefi (81st and Amsterdam), which is Greek.  There is also Cafe Des Artistes on W 67th between Central Park West and Columbus, that’s more Italian/American…Also, if you don’t mind coming further up, there’s an AMAZING American resturant called Henrys, on Broadway and 105th st (it’s where we had our engagement brunch right after FH proposed!)…Hope these help, good luck!

Post # 8
484 posts
Helper bee

oh Park Ave Summer is wonderful! My parents love it there if that helps at all.

are they coming to Hoboken at all? You can’t beat the food and ambiance at Anthony David’s.

Post # 10
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

There are a few restaurants on the upper east side that have AMAZING italian food. 

Bella Blu (71st St and Lexington)

Per Lei (71st St. and 2nd)

Ciao Bella (85th Street and 2nd Ave) 

Post # 11
484 posts
Helper bee

@Hobochic – that’s crazy talk! You must go there. They do an Excellent Brunch too if you’re looking for a place to take your mom in the morning. Good luck with the parent meeting!

Post # 12
45 posts
Newbee

Eleven Madison Park, Park Avenue Summer, Alto, The Modern, Landmarc

Post # 13
10 posts
Newbee

Craftsteak on 10th avenue and 16th street (ish) then after you can go for a walk on the highline.  The food is great, it is steak, a beautiful place in chelsea. I would also highly reccomend the Red Cat. 

Post # 14
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

How about Perilla?  It’s on the smaller side, so it’s not that noisy, and has a nice laid back atmosphere and is good for conversation.  And the food is excellent!  (Also good if anyone is a Top Chef fan…)

Post # 15
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

41 Greenwich in the West Village

http://www.41greenwich.com/home.html

This was actually where our parents met!  Meets most of the criteria you’re after – not too expensive, NOT noisy (a big issue for our dads!), quaint, good menu (for the picky dads and vegetarian mom), great service, and in the Village, which makes for a pretty, NYC scene.  It’s got a great back courtyard, so definitely try to get a table there.  It’s a short walk from the 9 Street PATH.  I highly, highly recommend it!

Post # 16
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Blue Water Grill near Union Sq.

Or if you want steak, there are so many good ones – Primehouse, Porter House, Del Friscos…

The topic ‘Parental Meet & Greet in NYC – Restaurant Suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors