(Closed) Paris & Rome Honeymoon Suggestions?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 4
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

This is a good time to go.  You might have some chilly weather but much fewer people at the tourist attractions.

I’ve been to both places.  In Rome, stay near the center of the city regardless of cost.  We were near the train station–inconvient and unsafe! You don’t necesssarily have to book them ahead of time, but definitely use the tour guides at the sites.  They usually approach you.  They are strictly licensed by the government and very knowledgeable.  I learned so much when I was there! Rome is very easy to get around on the Metro.  If you are in good shape, make the climb to the top of St Peters.  If not, take the elevator up–you’ll still get a good view.  Either way, take the elevator up to the first section to save yourself for the big climb to the top.

Paris is trickier–much less tourist friendly, few signs in English.  The signs on the Metro did not seem to match the stops indicated on the Metro map which caused us some confusion.  We stayed in the 7th in the Rue Amelie area, which we thought was a great location with a view of the Eiffel Tower.  Thanks to Rick Steves, there are a lot of American tourists here but it is still very much a neighborhood.  One of my favorite things here was to window shop, especially in the high-end districts.  Most of the tours here are pre-recorded, not so many tour guides.

Both of these places are beautiful!  I loved them both.  I am very jealous–what a great honeymoon!

Post # 6
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

I am also going to Paris for my honeymoon and I have been there several times.

If you love food I recommend you research restaurants on tripadvisor.com and chowhound.com There are some amazing dining experiences for all budgets that should not be missed, but you can’t just pop in wherever and thing the meal will be great.

You can’t go wrong no matter what you do in Paris- all the museums are lovely, all the neighborhoods have something different and unique to offer…enjoy walking around and discovering little antique shops, etc.

Enjoy!!

The topic ‘Paris & Rome Honeymoon Suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors