(Closed) pattern for twist/infinity dress & where to purchase Jersey Material

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 5
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

We are using a Vintage Vogue pattern and altering the straps to make infinity dresses for my BMs. We are using this pattern:

All you have to do is use the piece for the top and extend the strap to 1 1/2 times the girls height. We are making mine out of black, stretch satin. All you need is a fabric with a 2-way stretch. Jersey would work. You can get it off of Hancock Fabrics’ website, it’s around 6.99/yd.

Post # 6
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I am not sure what you feel comfortable spending – – there are several of those dresses available on Etsy. Is that a route you’re interested in?

Post # 8
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I wanted this exact style for my BMs but I had such problems trying to find them!! I’d find ones that were affordable (like Victoria’s Secret) but they didn’t have my color. Then I’d find my color but they were waaaay too expensive.

I wish I had thought about what zippylef is doing!!!

Post # 9
13102 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

@Aimee_Surprenant: Don’t know what you’re looking to spend but you could put an alchemy request into ETSY and see what kinds of offers you get.  Then you could get some thing less poofy and more the look you’re actually going for.  Saves you the legwork (and I’d trust there abilities to sew much better than my own – don’t know what experience you have with making clothes though).

Post # 10
3219 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Joanns has some jersey knit and right now they have a 50% off coupon! I saw the pattern posted above and thats what i plan on using to make mine!

The topic ‘pattern for twist/infinity dress & where to purchase Jersey Material’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors