Post # 1
So….the venue I fell in love with is not available for the date we want. We planned on APril 19th since my Family in Jamaica has Easter holiday at that time but the earliest Saturday evening available is May 10th. It is the city’s most popular club house and books 1 year in advance. We are on a TIGHT budget and it is perfect for what we need.
It is $85/hour and goes up to $105 after 10pm
Has a kitchen (fridge, warming oven, etc) and allows outside food (family friend is cooking)
$25 liquor permit
$10 ice machine rental
Tiled floors (looks like wood)
Holds 200 banquet style
So the rental is about $975 with liquor permit and ice machine. Our total wedding budget is $5-6,000. Do I keep looking or change the date??
Post # 3
I would change the date. If the venue is perfect and affordable, work around that!
Post # 4
Have you consulted your family? Is the only reason you want April 19th because of your family being able to travel due to the holiday? I would first make sure they could do May 10th, and then go with it if they can make it!
Post # 5
change your date.
in the meantime, i would let the venue know that if they do get a cancellation for the day that you really want, you would like first dibs on that date.
Post # 6
@MrsKady: Talk to your family. Is there another holiday they can travel for? During the summer or fall? Maybe even this winter? I love winter weddings!
Post # 7
@MrsKady: Change the date. We had the same problem and had to sacrifice the date we’ve been celebrating as our anniversary for 12 years…but c’est la vie. We love our venue and it’s within our budget. I wouldn’t hope for a cancellation only because planning with other vendors is difficult when you don’t have a concrete date.
Post # 8
We ended up having the same issue and decided to just take the less convenient date, and then the couple on our preferred date ended up canceling! I hope it works out as well for you 🙂 But really, for the perfect venue moving by a few weeks doesn’t seem so bad.
Post # 9
@almostmrsj: This December is too soon, summer is fine but the problem is hurricane season in South Florida…and we are getting married outside in a park. My sister and nephew are most important. She wants to come for longer than a weekend,but she says she will take leave if she needs to but I don’t want her to use up her days…
I think we are just going to change the date… This venue has got to be one of the best for the cost/beauty factor…if it wasn’t they wouldn’t be booked a year in advance. LOL!
Post # 10
@MrsKady: Sorry this happened to you OP. Just wanted to say that a similar thing happened to us this week! We wanted November 9, 2014- off season and over a year away and it was booked and every day in the first two weekends of November are already booked! I think we are just going to change our date too because we really love the venue. My sister is getting married on May 10th, so I think it’s a great day!!