Post # 1
Since I have approx 650 days left in which my SO is going to propose, I have made a list of things to do to distract myself (also to do in general because after I won’t have the time or money lol). I think the idea came from Mr Bee’s Guide but also from my own training into treating anxiety.
Anyhooo! I have made a list that includes everyhting from buying wellies to save X amount of money.
Just wondered if anyone was doing the same still (I know there was another thread with this theme but I can’t find it :-() and if you were willing to share and motivate each other 🙂
Post # 3
Here’s some of my list:
1. Clear out clothes and take to charity shop
2. Enter at least 2 creative writing competitions
3. Start better beauty routine
4. Pay off student loan!
Post # 4
Such a great idea! I’m going to join you.
1. Lose 20lbs.
2. Stealing your’s– Faithfully follow a beauty routine.
3. Find more gainful and meaningful employment.
Post # 5
Good work guys! I love this.
It sounds like my proposal will be coming within the next 3 months so I’m glad I’ve alrestarter started!
-stop biting nails so hands look great for ring (done)
-lose 10 pounds down to 125lbs (already part way)
-save money (trying)
-focus on studying for my professional designation while I have time (failing miserably)
Good luck to all!!
Post # 6
Mostly likely sometime between late spring and early fall is when I’m thinking he’ll do it…before then I want to:
– Lose 1 lb a week (been doing okay. Last week I didn’t lose, but didn’t gain either!)
– Grow out my hair another couple of inches
– Start doing more girly things, like accessorizing, painting my nails, and maybe actually wearing heels.
– Learn to cook something other than pot roast and grilled cheese sandwiches!
Post # 7
I made a list last year!
- Get out of debt & pay off all of my credit cards – Done!
- Lose weight – Down from 175 and only 15lbs from my goal weight!
- Grow out my hair – I’m going to need to cut it soon because I went from a pixie cut to down to the middle of my back!
- Start saving for the wedding – Work in progress. 🙂
Right now I’m mainly focusing on saving money and losing weight, I should add getting in a better house keeping routine too, the avoid it until I can’t avoid it anymore method isn’t working so well! I think my new list will be:
- Get down to goal weight and get more toned.
- Keep on saving for the wedding!
- Get in a better housekeeping routine.
Post # 8
Oooh I’ve got between 2 and 7 months for SO to propose… in 2 months he gets a huge financial investment which is quite exciting and in 7 I turn 26 (he said he’ll do it once I’m 25)
So I am in the process of…
- losing weight and getting toned (mostly tone up my arms! – i’d like to lose a dress size and ideally get below 9st/126lb)
- get my skin in a better condition! i get so many breakouts and i hate them!
- keep my nails beautiful at all times – don’t want to take a pic of the ring with bad nails!
- save. save save save. Mr P would like a £3.5k watch as a wedding present and I am determined to get it for him.
- Start buying better clothes/be more stylish.
- Make more of an effort to look nice around Mr P. Stay out of my PJs for as long as possible and wear my contacts on the weekends.
Post # 9
1. Start working out again- Done thanks to insanity
2. Cook more & better- Work in progress
3. Save more money- Always working on
4. Find new job
5. Get rid of black heads
6. Stop nail biting for good- I think I need some vitamin help on this one, they’re sooo weak and chip constantly
Post # 10
@treacle: haha! I love your comment on not wearing pj’s anymore… I always throw on my tracksuit/ sweatpants & hoody when I get home from work. I should probably make more of an effort. Right, here goes:
1. Make more of an effort ie try not to wear tracksuit too often
2. Get my nails into tip top shape
3. Grow my hair and get it into better condition
4. Get back into running & sign up for a half marathon
5. Get into a masters programme
Post # 11
1. Continue to tone up
2. Save money
3. Grow my hair longer
4. Look for jobs in my field in the industry I want to be in
5. Work on crafts I find on pinterest
6. Decorate our apartment
7. Convince SO I need a puppy =)
Post # 12
@newenglandgirl: Hahaha the puppy one is pretty cute 🙂
Post # 13
This is a great idea!
1. Working out 3-5 times a week. Lose weight and tone up…already started doing this
2. Focus on work and saving more money
3. Do/ learn more crafty projects (scrapbooks, flower arrangements…)
4. Pinterest (this one is just fun and a distraction) 🙂
Focusing on these goals and hobbies has really made a huge improvement during this waiting period
Post # 14
I did this when I started getting antsy about the proposal (hopefully between 9 and 20 days left for me now!!). My list includes:
1. Run. I hate it, but he loves it and I live in Arlington so it is kind of something that we are supposed to do . I’ve been running about 10 miles per week for the past 2 months.
2. Get in amazing shape. I want great “we’re engaged!” photos to post. As a result I have been doing body pump three times a week, plus running, plus elliptical and swimming and rock climbing. I feel great and see results!
3. Learn to rock climb the real way. It was a huge part of SO’s life and it is something that means a lot to him. I wanted to participate with him.
4. Grow my hair out so that I can have a strapless dress and my hair can be down and curled and cover the top of the dress (conservative church). I am 6 inches away.. totally doable!
Post # 15
Oh wow 🙂 So inspiring! Good thread!!
-Lose 10 lbs
-Try to stop being such a procrastinator (with literally everything)
-Be more positive!
-Start classes again (to get my BA)
Post # 16
Yay, goals! You ladies have some great ideas. I hope you accomplish all you set out to!
1.) Open an Etsy shop by the end of the year. (Considering selling my arts & crafts in one shop & wedding decor in another.)
2.) Grow my hair & nails out. (Nails are growing steadily & super strong, thanks to good ol’ Nutra Nail; hair is in that awkard “can’t do anything w/it except put it in a bun” stage, but progressing.)
3.) Stick to a good skincare routine. (Clinique has done wonders for my humongous pores & occasional breakouts.)
4.) Lose 25 lbs. by July (Comic Con/San Diego trip). (Have lost 10 lbs. in the past six weeks.)
5.) LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST. (I’ve always considered myself pretty good @ this, but you can always get better!)
Good luck to all my fellow bees! 🙂