Post # 1
Alright bees, tell us the truth. What are some of the little things that really get you steaming? I always like to know what other people’s pet peeves are and if any are the same as mine. List your biggest pet peeves and let’s find out if we share any!
Some of my biggest pet peeves are:
– People leaving their dog’s poo in the middle of the sidewalk (so gross!)
– talking loudly on cell phones in public places like restaurants or stores where it’s quiet enough that you can hear their entire conversation
– making excessively loud noises while eating or drinking (I used to work with a lady who would slurp water and then say "aahhh" after every slurp…ugh…)
What are the little things that people do/say that drive you nuts???
Post # 3
1. people standing in the middle of a door way or pathway.
2. people driving up beside a line of cars in a lane that ends and cutting off the driver in front (srsly why do grown people still try to cut in line, it’s like kindergarten every day)
3. for a wedding related one: people who buy gifts that are not on the registry. why do people DO this?
Post # 4
haha amandopolis, those are great ones…i especially liked 2 and 3…i SOOOOO agree with you!!!
Post # 5
1) putting the toilet paper on with the flap under the roll, lets be real its much easier to grab it off from over the roll!
2) people who smoke in entrance ways
3) wedding- why people don’t RSVP when the stamp is already attached to the envelope. It really is not that difficult!
Post # 6
1)I HATE when people try to strike up conversations in the bathroom. I’m there for a purpose and that purpose ain’t to chat!
2)And while we’re at it, wash your hands before you leave!
3)Wedding-related: RSVP already, people. We’re only a couple weeks out, and I asked you to respond FOR A REASON!
Post # 7
1) My Fiance wants a rottweiler. I saw "pet peeve" and thought of that. i hate rotties, they’re so dumb!
2) People poking their head into my cube, then coming to stand behind me. Are you spying? It’s creepy!
3) People letting their babies scream in a restaurant. UGH UGH UGH. do you not see me sending you the death glare? or "awww he barfed!" Ew, not cute.
4) People insinuating that i’m spending my own money foolishly. i have a job and i prioritize. I don’t eat out, but i have a coach purse. Deal with it!
I have a slurper in my office too. It’s really annoying. In general, I have a lot of pet peeves. People in general just get under my skin sometimes!
Post # 8
My biggest is when things are not even. i am so carzy about it that i know smarty packages are made with 15 peices.
I also hate when people chew with their mouths open.
people who drive both lanes at once. really why cant they pick a lane.
Post # 9
- People who smoke in front of me, kids, in the house. Disgusting. If you want to kill yourself that’s your business. Don’t do it in front of me or in front of kids.
- People who let their dogs poop on my lawn and assume it’s OK because we have a dog. No. It’s not okay. Bring a bag like every other dog owner. On that note people who let their dog walk around in a unfenced area w/o a leash. I do not care how well behave your dog is, any little thing can set him/her off. Think about their well being, other peoples and other dogs that they might go after.
- People who use those harness for their kids. Seriously? It’s pure laziness. Your kid is not a dog.
- People who walk in pairs, trios on sidewalks (or in malls), esp in NYC. Seriously! The sidewalks are only so wide! Don’t block the whole way. Then, they walk extremely slow.
- This isn’t really a peeve, just annoying. Parents who let their teenagers dress in slutty trashy clothing. They do not have money to buy that crap. Stop letting your kids idolize Miley Cyrus. Not really a great role model.
Oy. I have A LOT of pet peeves.
And I apologize to everyone who’s pet peeve is grammar and typos especially on messageboards. I am a really bad culprit of that!
Post # 10
1.) One of my biggest pet peeves is a specific behavior of one of my bosses at work. She walks around in the morning and says hello to every single person in the office (22 people) individually, asks, "How you doing?," and then just sort of stands there as if she expects you to chat with her. Every. Single. Day. She, in general, makes me extremely uncomfortable, so when this occurs, it’s even more uncomfortable. She is not native to the U.S., and I wonder if maybe she just doesn’t understand the social cues (like, how to tell when someone doesn’t want to talk to you), and I know she’s just trying to be nice….but I can’t STAND it.
2.)Grammar mistakes drive me crazy.
3.) People (ie. my roommates) who leave dishes in the sink, especially with food left on them, and most especially bowls with cereal/milk still in them. If you have a dishwasher, put them in there. If you don’t or it’s full, wash them and put them away.
4.) My female roommates who do not clean up their stray hairs in the bathroom. The hairs proceed to get stuck to the counter/shower wall and it just grosses me out. I always clean up after myself if it happens, and I’m blonde — but my two roommates have very dark, noticeable hair. Hair in the shower drain is a no-no as well.
5.)People who are obsessed with celeb gossip…especially, recently, those who are obsessed with Michelle Obama’s arms, hahaha.
I agree with the previous comments about people blocking doorways/pathways and walking too slowly!
Post # 11
I hate the food noises too, but I have an unreasonable aversion to them. I can’t stand crunching, like chips or something, even if there’s no way around it. I literally cringe when people chomp on ice!
A lot of these pet peeves seem to be basic rudeness.
But I totally agree on the no-conversations in the bathroom! What about when someone’s on the phone in the bathroom?
My last pet peeve: in stores when people decide not to buy something and they just leave it anywhere. I especially worry when I find something like yogurt on the chips aisle– I hope the store doesn’t put it back for sale, but why did that person not take it back to the fridge? That’s incredible disrepectful and ruining the store’s merchandise.
Post # 12
JenineD — I’m the opposite, I’m a toilet paper behing the role, just looks better to me lol.
- People who continue to drive with their turn signal on after they turn.
- People who said "I graduated college…" You don’t graduate college you graduate FROM college, did you "graduate NYU?" no you graduated FROM NYU… glad to see that college education did you well.
- People who automatically think I share the same viewpoints as them (religiously, politically, socially). I’ll smile and nod, but guess what, I don’t agree and don’t feel like debating.
- People who think they are superior because they use "green" products, or use a MAC, or voted for Obama, or grew up in the city, or read the NYTimes, or can understand the rules of every card game. I don’t dislike you for any of these reasons, but I don’t CARE (and probably have done the same thing, I just don’t flaunt it), it doesn’t make you better than someone who is the opposite.
- People who post their entire life on Facebook
- When people ask "what’s wrong" or "are you okay" when you are visibly upset (or even worse, if nothing is wrong) and you don’t want to be asked. If I wanted to fill you in, I’d let you know. Also, when people say "You look tired"… uh, thanks, I feel wide awake but now i know I look like crap, you’re awesome.
LOL — I have a lot, and there are probably others that drive me nuts too
Post # 13
When people drive while talking on their phones! Hang up and focus on the road, people. You can call back when you’re outta the car.
Post # 14
You know, when people say you look tired, you just say "yeah i stayed up late with all this awesome sex we had last night"
Ok J/K i know that’s not office appropriate. I usually say "gee thanks I usually make it a point not to tell YOU when you look like crap" but in that sarcastic sort of way. Am I kidding or not? Only I know
I had a kiddie leash One of my peeves is when parents let their kids run amuck, though. Then I almost run them over and the parents get mad at ME for not being able to see their kid that is 5 feet shorter than me. Ugh! I can’t win!
Post # 15
I totally agree with the walking in the middle of the aisle, sidewalk, etc! Why do people do that!
What gets me on a daily basis are the people that cut in front of you then drive 10 under the speed limit.
Also the phrase "I don’t mean to complain but…" actually you do mean to complain because if you didn’t then you wouldn’t be standing in front of me about to complain.
I waitress a few nights a week and my biggest pet peeve there are the people who tell me they are ready to order but then still take five minuets looking over the menu, while I stand there at their table looking like an idiot. I promise that Im not going to go home while you still need to order, I will come back.
Post # 16
GaBGal…kind of along the lines of your #4…I HATE when people treat employees like dirt. It’s like they think they are better because they’re not the one at the cash register or the one taking orders. Ugh, that drives me nuts! EVERYONE should be treated with dignity and respect. I don’t care how much money you have. No one has the right to treat someone like an inferior.