Philadelphia Area Wedding reception $20,000

posted 2 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 2
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

My venue is the Knowlton Mansion and it includes everything you’ve mentioned- except we won’t be having a tent. We’re spending much less than 20k for the venue. It includes catering and an open bar.

Post # 3
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016 - Hunting Hill Mansion

I plan on having my wedding at Grace Winery in Glenn Mills. During peak season the venue is $10,500. This does not include catering or the bed and breakfast room rental (you must book all of the rooms for your event). The guest limit is 140. Here is their site!!

http://gracewinery.com/parties/weddings_parties_gw.php

Post # 4
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I had mine at the Knowlton mansion as well and it is gorgeous and unique.  A former Victorian mansion with a ballroom added.  It looks nothing like a hotel ballroom.   food alcohal cake and desert all there. Table s and ivory table clothes included.  It was about $150 per person for a friday summer wedding for the middle package.  It could be up to $200 per person on sat nights.  We had an amazing experience from booking through our wedding.  I would do it all over the same exact way again!

Post # 5
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

You can definitely do this at the Pen Ryn Mansion in the Bensalem area, right off of 95.

Post # 7
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I agree – at 200 guests, you’ll have a hard time staying under $20k at most or all of the venues already listed here. I’ve heard Pen Ryn is affordable, and I checked out Manor House at Prophecy Creek and I think they are priced similarly. Both places would probably be just over $20k for a Friday night event.

Are you having a Saturday wedding? It looks like a lot of places offer good discounts for Friday night / Sunday afternoon / etc. as opposed to Saturday.

Post # 9
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

fedo12:  I had 207 people at Belle Voir Manor at Pen Ryn Estate and it was just over $20k. With tax, it is $103 per person and worth EVERY. PENNY. They have more expensive food options but we went with the least expensive (chicken franchaise and tilapia) and they were absolutely incredible. They also added in a lot of things at no charge that they were originally going to charge for (chiavari chairs for no additional $$). I could not recommend them enough, and they are defintiely within your price range if you go with the “basic” (but absolutely delicious) meals.

Post # 11
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

If you’re open to a brunch, too – some of these places (definitely Knowlton) offer even more of a discount. 

Post # 13
133 posts
Blushing bee

fedo12:  that stinks, the prices must have gone up at Pen Ryn from when I signed my contract in February, because my base price starts at $97 with a $1k site fee on a Saturday in Spring. If anything, I think if you are willing to go for a friday or sunday, even for brunch you will see savings there. 

meowowl:  omg I want to hear everything from your experience with them! I’m getting married at the mansion in May.

Post # 14
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

fedo12:  Really?! I wasn’t charged a site fee at all. I would defintiely follow up and see what’s up with that. Ours was a per person rate that covered food, open bar, cake, gratuity, linens, silverware and all of that stuff. I can’t see that is would go up THAT much in the 14 months since I booked with them. Contact Megan Smith, she was our contact and was fantastic.

Nouna_:  Oh. My. God. It was INCREDIBLE. The food was to die for, the service was amazing and they were so great throughout the entire process. We didn’t have our ceremony there, so I can’t speak for that, but the reception was absolutely wonderful. Everybody was raving about the food and the extensive selection of alcohol available at the bar. Our personal server, Lauren was so in tune to our every need and our Maitre D Karen bent over backward to take care of us. They truly seem to take pride in what they do and seem to enjoy doing it. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. I am not on weddingbee too frequently so I might not respond right away but I’d be more than happy to answer any questions.

Post # 15
432 posts
Helper bee

fedo12:  Have you checked out King Mills? My friend got married there in 2013 and LOVED it. She spent less then 20K on her entire wedding but they are a BYOB.

I know you said something different but we are having our reception at the Radisson in Trevose and we are spending about $89 per person. 

A few other places that I checked out and are under your budget – Emerald Room, Maggio’s/ Ballroom at Hampton Sq, Bella Tori, P & P Caterers.

If you want something more unique then you will have to consider paying rental fee and getting a caterer. It’s not as bad as it seems because I know some venues will include tables, chairs, plates, etc or the caterer does. Or you will have to do a country club reception but change/add your own decor to give it the feel that you want.

Post # 16
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

fedo12:  Definitely look at the American Swedish Historical Museum.  It’s in Philadelphia’s FDR park and they have an exclusive catering contract with Jeffrey A. Miller Catering.  The price of the venue plus catering package for my fiance and I is under 20,000. It’s primarily an outdoor venue and has gorgeous grounds. There is indoor space if preferred, and the price includes a tent, all the linens, chairs, servers etc. It’s an amazing deal and their food is delicious! We did our tasting and were very happy with everything! It’s also a different location than most weddings in that it’s not just a large reception room that you need to decorate, the outdoors and the park as a backdrop make it really unique and beautiful!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors