Philadelphia Indoor/Outdoor Venue 300+ Capacity

posted 3 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 3
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@syzglamour:  Vie, by Cescaphe Event Group is not exactly in your budget- it is $165pp on a saturday night, and I believe $145 on a friday or sunday, but 6 hour reception with almost everything included and holds up to 600 people. I am having mine at another venue owned by them, but doesn’t hold the amount of people you need!

Post # 5
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Philadelphia Cricket Club? Don’t know many specifics about max. capacity or $ per head.

It’s in Philly, but kind of on the outskirts, so if you’re wanting Center City…I’ll keep brainstorming!

Post # 6
411 posts
Helper bee

Les Jardins (in Ambler), up to 300, but looks like you have a choice of several caterers so you could find a per plate price that’ll work.

Post # 7
411 posts
Helper bee

Last one – Blue Bell Country Club – up to 400 guests. Again, not sure of cost per guest. We looked at Normandy Farms but they didn’t have many dates available for the summer we got married…it is a little further out, though.

Post # 9
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Just out of curiosity, are you sure a March wedding is feasible for an outside ceremony? Not to be a debby downer, but I swear it’s sometimes still snowing in March!!

Did you try negotiating at all with the Horticulture Center? Your date is definitely not prime wedding season…I’d see if you can try to get the price down a bit. Are you willing to consider Friday or Sunday? I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a venue IN Philadelphia with those attributes for almost 300 people!!

One place I looked at is http://www.rosebankwinery.com/vintners-ballroom-loft/ (it says they have capacity for 250) but it’s not IN Philadelphia. Just a thought though!

Post # 11
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@syzglamour:  I understand. I was quoted $140 pp for food alone (plus fairly reasonably priced drink packages, relatively speaking) when I inquired about the Horticulture Center. But honestly, I’d talk to them!! Food is somewhere where they can make a variety of changes to get the cost down. I highly doubt they will allow you to bring your own alcohol, but I’d be honest about your budget and see what they can do. Maybe you choose some less expensive meal options. Maybe they can lower the cost if you pay in cash. It doesn’t hurt to ask. March is not prime season (holiday parties and weddings are huge for caterers) so hopefully they’d be willing to work with you!! Especially with a party of that size, they’d be making a whole lot of money even if they lowered the per person cost by a bit. Good luck!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors