(Closed) philippians 4:13

posted 6 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
3772 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@simplyablessing:  can you include it in a reading? that seemed like the most obvious answer to me.. but I will brainstorm some other ideas for you

Post # 4
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

Why not put it on your programs?

Post # 5
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I had our pastor read it (we had a very small wedding).  He incorporated it right in to the ceremony as a lead in to the vows. (Following a nice opening about the cords that bind us together are Faith, Hope and Love – with love being the greatest)

Things went like this:

Dad gives me away.

Pastor’s message about Faith, Hope & Love (2 – 3 minutes)

“Will you please face each other and join hands?

Groom, will you take this woman, whose hands you hold, choosing her alone to be your wedded wife? Will you love her, comfort her, honor her at all times, and be faithful to her?   (I will)

Bride, will you take this man, …

As you take these vows, Groom and Bride, I would have you remember 1 Corinthians 13:

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud  or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Will you repeat after me: I take you, Bride, to be my wedded wife…”

Post # 6
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I agree; it’s short (I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me), why not print it right there on your programs?  Or even DIY a little sign to hang somewhere?  OR, if you think your guests would appreciate it, why not incorporate it into your favours somehow?

The topic ‘philippians 4:13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors