Post # 1
My husband and I just got our wedding photos back and we were pretty disappointed. We’re hoping to get about 50 – 100 images retouched/fixed so that we can have an album that we’d actually be proud to show to our friends and family..
The main problems are:
– People in the background of photos that shouldn’t be there
– Grainy/overly filtered images
– Double chins (specifically my mom will want hers slimmed down)
– Blemishes/wrinkles (some of the lighting was a bit harsh)
We’re also missing photos of the decor and the ceremony but have some photos from guests. We’d like them to be cleaned up so they look more professional/finished.
Has anyone used a service for these types of things before??
*Please no lectures about my photographer, etc. I’m just trying to move forward and make the best of things 🙁
Post # 3
If you google, there are a ton out there. Good luck!
Post # 4
Following for advice as well….
Post # 5
Legally speaking, you cannot do this. Your photographer owns the copyright to the images.
Post # 6
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
Most of the time you have “personal use” rights to a photo, and those rights do not include the right to edit the photo. You should check with your photographer to see if he/she would even allow someone else to do edits.
Post # 7
My photographer has signed a release that allows us to edit our pictures for our personal use only. If we were to use them for any commercial purposes, then we would be in breach of our updated contract.
Post # 8
– People in the background of photos that shouldn’t be there (no excuse… the photographer should have said something, or have an assistant tell them to please move)
– Grainy/overly filtered images (did you see their work before hiring them? is what you got similar to their images on their website? if yes, then this was to be expected. If not, then definitely ask your photographer for a way to make it better)
– Double chins (specifically my mom will want hers slimmed down) (What does the contract say about retouching? What does retouching include? I only remove things that are not going to be there in 2 weeks, like zits and zit marks. I don’t remove wrinkles)
– Blemishes/wrinkles (some of the lighting was a bit harsh) (again, what did your contract say about retouching?)
You shouldn’t attempt to retouch your own images. I would talk to the photographer, and ask what can be done.
Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/photo-editingretouching-service-recommendations#ixzz2hRSr8NB1
Post # 9
When you contact your photographer, you need the RAW files. JPG files are hard to retouch, especially fixing lighting and color casts. RAWs are easier to work with. Good luck.
Post # 10
@SeptemberBride2013: Your photographer still owns copyrights. It’s STILL illegal to give the images to another professional to edit the images. They will refuse since they are copyrighted. You need persmission from your Photographer. images are protected by Federal Copyright Law 17 U.S.S.501 and remain the property of the Photographer.
Post # 11
@rickhurst35: I just said that our photographer has given us permission. She doesn’t want to deal with us or give us a refund so she has signed off on allowing us to take them to another editing service.
Post # 12
@SeptemberBride2013: see my post above my post..about RAW files then. If she is a good photographer, and editor, she shot in RAW. She’ll know what you mean if you ask her. There is a huge difference between RAW and JPG files. I wouldn’t touch JPG images to retouch them for someone else (btw, I’m a 10+ year wedding photographer)
Post # 13
@rickhurst35: Thank you! I’ll be sure to specify with her. I appreciate the help!
Post # 14
@zarethacosta: Thank you for your feedback! I agree that the people in the background is totally unacceptable while the other items are a bit more of a grey area. As for the grainy images, that’s definitely not what we saw in her studio or on her website so we were pretty disappointed.
Post # 15
Do you have any examples of the photos that aren’t good?
Post # 15
Hi! If you are still looking I can do tons of retouching and editing! I can either talk to you specifically about what you want fixed in each photo or do a general vogue style retouching to make you look your most elegant and fahionable in any image. If any one is interested I can forward you a coupld of samples.