(Closed) Photography & Video — Is this a good value??

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Is this package a good value?
    Yes : (13 votes)
    68 %
    No : (6 votes)
    32 %
  • Post # 3
    3220 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I don’t know about videography pricing, but that’s a great deal for 10 hours of coverage plus engagement session plus albums? I’m squeezing 8 hours of coverages and just digital copies of photos for around 3k– and I’m not in NYC.

Post # 4
    878 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

It sounds like a good deal, but it really depends on the quality of photography and experience of the photographer

Post # 6
    878 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Sure- I’ll let you know how they compare to the 2-3k photographers I’ve seen.

Post # 7
    1284 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Pretty good deal!

Post # 8
    1572 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I think that is great!

Post # 10
    3767 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

That’s about what we are paying for the same kind of deal…. it’s a lot of money but it’s the one area we really are willing to splurge on, as we will have pic/video forever! Also, we went with the 2 photographers because we wanted more pictures, and that way they can do different angles of the same picture.

Post # 11
    1314 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2006

All of that is just stuff.  Stuff is meaningless unless the work behind it is solid, and you love the people documenting your day.  For all of what they are including they sound SUPER cheap, especially in NYC.  What concerns me most is “No limit on the number of images we take. Normally we take approximately 1000 images at your wedding.”  Does that mean they deliver 1000 images, or take 1000 images?  What is the quality value of that statement?  If two photographers take 1000 images during 10 hours of coverage (or even if it’s a single photographer), how many of those images are developed in the editing process and actually good?  They have included so much stuff in these packages that their profit margins have to be so low, that I’d be concerned with why they are so cheap.  If you have seen a full wedding from them, and are impressed with the quality of their work, I think this is a crazy deal.

Post # 12
    59 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Seems like a great deal! If you have met with them and like their work, that is the most important thing to consider. I find videophotography very expensive and I am very critical with video since I get motion sick really easily. Really look hard at the work that they’ve done at previous weddings in full. 

Post # 13
    784 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

Holy balls thats a killer deal where I am. I’d book that stuff!

Post # 14
    10367 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

The only unclear thing for me is that the amount of photo editing is not detailed in the descriptions. A disk with 1000 unedited images isn’t going to be of much use. It also doesn’t give you any sort of estimate about how many photos you get vs how many they take. Most photogs won’t give you the throwaways (for good reason).

Post # 15
    4150 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I think it’s a good deal. I really wanted a second shooter, though, for different angles of the same image. For instance, I love the picture of the grooms face as the bride is walking down the aisle towards him but I also want a picture of my face with my dad as I’m coming down the aisle. So that’s just something to think about. 

Post # 16
    272 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I think it is a good deal.  However, I am not sure about quality of their work.  Photo and video was 2 out of 3 top non-negotiables.  

I recommend that you get 2nd photographer.  You can’t recreate/recapture any moment from your wedding.  

The topic ‘Photography & Video — Is this a good value??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors