Post # 1
Hi ladies! Now that we’re less than a year until our weddings, how much have you gotten done so far? Here’s my list of the big completions:
– Wedding rings (his and mine)
– Wedding dress (just ordered it a week ago!)
– BM dresses (decided on, not ordered)
What are your completed items so far? Are you already feeling like time is flying, because I sure am starting to!
Post # 3
I feel like I’m falling behind!
So far we have…
- Venue (ceremony and reception)
- Wedding dress
- Wedding shoes
- Brooch Bouquet
- Card box
- Table numbers
- Idea of attire for BM and GM
We’re going to start looking at photographers next month, and we have a friend who does DJing who will set us up with someone reliable soon!
Post # 4
Dang guys, I guess we’re REALLY behind!
-ceremony, reception, and rehearsal dinner venue (all the same)
-colors (royal blue and lime green)
-hair stylist (my current stylist)
-wedding party, and ideas for outfits
-my dress (my mother’s, but I work at a bridal shop so we’re going to update it and that’s not even close to happening yet)
And my brother is working on the design for our STDs, so hopefully that will be happening soon!
Post # 5
-ceremony and reception venue/caterer
-dress, veil, and shoes
-bridemaids dresses picked (not all ordered)
-and we will do our cake tasting and order the cake later today
Post # 6
-venue/in house catering
-dress (first fitting next weekend!!)
-bridesmaids asked, but nowhere close to ordering dresses..
-officiant (FBIL, but haven’t gotten him ordained yet)
-colors (orange, coral, pink, white)
Post # 7
Save the dates and e-pics
Yikes so much more to do!
Post # 8
- Ceremony Venue
- Reception Venue
- Wedding Coordinator
- Rental – for chairs, chargers, etc.
- I know where I am going to order linens… just waiting on the $$$
I am going to try on dresses this weekend! Wish me luck! Hopefully I’ll be able to finalize the BM dresses after I pick out mine!
Super excited!!! Ready for the big day to be here already – but like everyone else has said, so much left to do!!!
Post # 9
OMG you girls are so amazingly organized! I am way behind. We have:
-Our venue (both ceremony & reception at same site)
-My dress (well, it’s ordered anyway)
-Our colors (Yellow, gray, and white)
-Our wedding party (Actually, not true. There is one more groomsman to ask. My FI is seeing him next week and wanted to ask in person)
I don’t even have a caterer yet, though my Mom and I have our deadline set two weeks from now. Argh. I guess I can congratulate myself for having the ball rolling on many items… it’s stressful to think of all I still have left!
Post # 10
Hi, I’m gettingmarried June 7, 2013! So far I’ve done the following:
- Ceremony venue and Officiant
- Reception venue
- Wedding Dress
- Bridesmaid dresses ordered and paidWedding Coordinator
- Sent save the dates (we have a lot of OOT guests and we’re getting married on a Friday)
- Booked honeymoon
- Ordered invitations but not printed
- Created tears of joy packets
- Ordered personalized hangers for girls
- Ordered cake
- Colours (fuschia, white with splashes of black (not too much)
- Gifts for birdesmaids
- Mother of the Bride dress
- Bought cake boxes and favour tins
I feel I’ve done a lot but everytime I speak to people they make me feel like I have so much more to do and I’m starting to stress! I don’t have a wedding plannner or coordinator just me!
Post # 11
So far, we have:
- Budget finalized
- Guest list rough draft
- Ceremony and Reception booked (catering and cake included)
- Catering finalized
- Wedding dress ordered and on its way (should be here by end of August)
- Wedding shoes, veil, and garter bought
- Wedding party chosen
- BM dresses ordered
- Color scheme (yellow and blue) and theme (butterfly garden) decided on
- Booked photog, dj, officiant, and florist
- Wedding bands obtained (family heirlooms)
- Menus designed and printed
- Programs designed
- STDs mailed
- Invites ordered
- Wedding night hotel booked
- Honeymoon booked
I am sure there is a lot more, but the point is…we are just rolling along…I keep wondering if I will run out of things to do, but I don’t think it will be anytime soon. As soon as I finish one thing, I realize I still have ten more to do! So much fun!
Post # 12
@Miss Heirloom: We have the same date!! 🙂 I still have a lot to do, you seem so organized!
So far we have:
Venue for ceremony, reception, rehersal dinner
Wedding suite booked at hotel for bridesmaids night before and night of the wedding
Wedding party selected
Bridesmaids dresses picked out, not ordered yet
Working on website!
Wedding theme and colors
My dress & wedding band
Cake company (is incuded with the venue, still need to go for tastings)
Guest list draft
We still need: e-pics, STDs, groom’s wedding band, groomsman suits, cake specifics, linen/chair rentals, catering company for rehersal dinner, jewelry for me & girls, shoes, hair stylist, make-up, and seems like so much for!
Is anyone else LOVING this entire process?? I’ve been having a blast hope it stays!!!
Post # 13
Thank you all for sharing! For everyone saying you’re far behind, I think your lists all seem pretty solid! I can’t wait to see how everything comes together on the wedding day, for me and my fiance we have exactly 10 months to go as of today 🙂
Post # 14
Well here is my list so far:
- Ceremony venue and reception
- Florist (along with all flowers and colors just finalized today–mide as well!)
- Wedding Dress (jewelry, hair flowers selected)
- Makeup and Hair booked
- Bridesmaid dresses selected but not ordered
- Guest list
- Table Numbers
- Selected invitations but will be placing order in October
- Working on my centerpieces (birdcages) and DIY decor
- Booked wedding cake
- Theme: Romantic Garden Theme
- Colors: Ivory, soft pink (with a splash of raspberry pink) and gold.
- Chair covers for outside ceremony and inside reception.
- Working on wedding guest favors next week
- E-pics done (now just waiting on receiving our CD of photos, signature guestbook and Photo-Fusion DVD of e-session)
- Wedding suits and colors selected just not booked yet.
- Wedding bands
- Rehearsal dinner venue booked! (so excited about this lol)
- Wedding website complete
- Part of my bridesmaid gifts are selected (I’m adding more goodies)
can’t think of anything else right now lol..but we definitely need to find an officiant soon!
Post # 15
ceremony and reception site
i’ve found my dress but have yet to buy it
having first meeting with photographer planned
have second meeting with caterer planned
edited but not yet finalized guest list
and ideas for most other big plans such as:
tent, chairs, table rental
Post # 16
– Ceremony and reception venues
– Hotel block booked (most of our guests are out of town)
– Wedding colours, bridesmaids dress picked out
– Makeup booked
– DOC booked
– Most of the paper (invites, menus, etc) already designed (I am doing them myself)
Still to do:
– florist (have met with two)
– groom and best man suits
– wedding bands
Some other things I am forgetting…
And we don’t need – DJ (doing an ipod reception), bakery (my mum and aunt are making the cake!)