Planning Question for a Fall 2016 Wedding

posted 2 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
2549 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Start thinking about where you would like to be, and it doesn’t hurt to research some venues.  If you like a venue that typically books up fast, you’ll be at and advantage and people won’t think you’re an alien from outerspace.  However, some places may not let you book yet because they won’t have 2016 rates.  I would wait for everything else though, at least until a year and a half out.

Post # 3
2045 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I booked my venue 17 months before my wedding.  I did get my first choice date, but I was shocked to see other events already booked that far in advance, and some even further.  It never hurts to start looking for a venue as soon as possible, but it should be booked a year in advance to get what you want.  Photographer too since they can only do one wedding a day.  It doesn’t hurt to start looking at dress that far in advanced if you can (most dresses you can get in 6 months so you don’t need to start until then, but some take longer, so the earlier you start the more choices you have).  Anything else really can wait until 6 months before the wedding.    

Post # 4
2368 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

LondonAutumn:  I’d research some venues.  The ones you like – call them and ask how quickly they book up.  Around here some of the top venues book more than a year out for prime weekends.

Also, we found that by booking way in advance they gave us the year previous’ rates as they didn’t have the next year’s ready yet.  

Post # 5
822 posts
Busy bee

LondonAutumn:  My venue was booked 24 months in advance and I got the last weekend in May of 2016. The venue rents out to a lot of school dances and large parties, so they were more than prepared when I asked them about May 2016. Our rehersal dinner venue also booked us 24 months in advance, but I don’t think they had quite the full schedule that for out.

I live in a small-medium sized city. I also booked my photographer (she only had 2 May weekends left when I booked her) and videographer 20 months out and as another bee above mentioned, they gave me this years rates because they didn’t have 2015 (much less 2016) rates ready yet.

Congratulations and Happy Planning!

Post # 6
145 posts
Blushing bee

Usually popular venues book up quite quickly so as soon as you find the one, book it!  The venue is the first step because it dictates how many guests you’re allowed to invite (maximum amount), the decor choices (meaning how much or how little is needed), the budget usually as well because the venue takes up half of the budget with food and drinks, the menu (every venue has different selections), and more…

Post # 7
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

I would at the very least start looking for venues. We started planning our wedding 22 months out. It was really strange because some of the venues we looked into were already booked, and some of the vendors wouldn’t even take us seriously because we were so far out.

Post # 8
250 posts
Helper bee

If you have a popular church book that asap too if  you are having a churc wedding.  Our church books up 2 years in advance.  The rest of the vendors unless you are dead set on one specific vendor and cost is not an issue will not have thier 2016 prices yet and will not book you.

Post # 9
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I’m getting married in October, 2016.  I have been researching venues.  A lot of places will give you their 2015 prices, but let you know that they will change for 2016. That’s all we’ve done so far.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors