Please help!

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@luluum:  I think you definitely need to ask her to clarify if you are a BM or not.  Other than that, if she sends you pics or only wants to talk about the wedding act uninterested, she’ll figure it out!

Post # 4
131 posts
Blushing bee

@luluum:  Definitely just come right out and ask her. This happened to me once. A friend of mine called me up to talk to me for hours one day about getting married, we met up multiple times to talk about it. The day she told me she picked out her dress, I asked if the whole set of bridesmaids were present. She said no, and I just asked who they were, because I honestly thought I’d be one. She listed them, and then said “if I had to have another it would be between you and another girl, but I would probably pick her because you’re in college and you probably don’t want to wear purple anyway.” I was offended at first, but then relieved because it saved me money and stress. I was glad she told me so that I wasn’t second-guessing and hanging on to the idea that I might be one, and I enjoyed just being a guest instead.

Post # 5
804 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@luluum:  Wow, daily e-mails?  That’s intense.  I think it’s worth asking, especially since she’s asking your opinion on bridesmaids dresses, and has been unclear

Post # 6
439 posts
Helper bee

It’s worth asking, but only so that you get final clarification – because it’s pretty clear from what you’ve posted that you are *not* a bridesmaid. She has asked them already, and you are not one of them.

I’m really sorry, and it’s totally crappy that she screwed you around by commenting all the time that you would be and then yanked it out from under you – and without even being upfront about it.

Post # 7
855 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

Leave it alone. If she wanted you to be a bridesmaid, she would have asked you to be. You’re a trusted friend she wants to bounce ideas off of. If you’d rather not answer her questions because you’re bitter about not being in her wedding, then tell her that.

Post # 8
1071 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Greenbrier Country Club

Hmmmm… Yeah, her behavior is odd. I’d call her out on it. If you are worried about being “pushy” don’t be. She did this to herself.

Or you could have fun with it and say, “I think that bridesmaid dress would be very flattering, are all of us going to be wearing the same shoes”

haha.

Post # 9
42510 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@luluum:  I would not bring it up to her. Whether or not she chooses you to be a BM, she is a good friend. Would you stop being a good friend if indeed she has not chosen you to be a BM?

At some point, if you are a BM, she will either formally ask you, or give you the information about ordering the dress. If you are not, and you confront  her, that is going to be one awkward conversation.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors