Please help

posted 3 years ago in Venue
  • poll: What should I do?
    As long as we have the venue, all the little details can be worked out in a month or so : (2 votes)
    8 %
    RUN! Find somewhere else : (24 votes)
    92 %
    relax, one month is not that long : (0 votes)
    other...comments below : (0 votes)
  • Post # 4
    2419 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I’m always kind of suspicious when people pour such a flood of justification into an email. You don’t need to know how many hours a day she’s been working and it occurs to me that if she spent more time answering your specific questions and less time posting vague drivel she’d be a whole lot less busy!

Personally I’d be concerned about using this venue. However, it might be that she just comes across as scatty but is actually quite well organised. Although I doubt it! But do you know anyone else who has used this venue for a wedding and could give you a review?  

Post # 5
    356 posts
    Helper bee

@ladydirtold:  If she can’t find the time to reply within a month, I can’t imagine what the rest of the planning would be like. I wouldn’t even promote their “business” let alone support it by having a wedding there.

Post # 6
    1157 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

@ladydirtold:  This would freak me out, a lot.  On one hand I can totally understand their point of view and focusing on their church first and foremost.

On the other hand, I also don’t have to deal with the stress of it, and since I’m paying, I would find somewhere else.

It sounds like it’s a good price, but you really have no way of knowing that for sure because 90% of the costs won’t be disclosed to you until a month before the wedding.

Post # 7
    405 posts
    Helper bee

If she is this flakey NOW, imagine how it could be later!!  If you haven’t put any money down, I say find another place!!

Post # 9
    3268 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

@ladydirtold:  I would not be into that at all. That’s very bad service– how do they expect to get anyone to use their venue (and pay them money) if they can;t get back to you without a MONTH going by?

I’d look elsewhere– that kind of thing would have lost my patronage after 2 weeks of no communication. Can you imagine the stress when they don’t give you the information you need the week before the wedding, or if they are this spacey about details on your daughter’s wedding day?

Sooo. . . Are there other venue options for her wedding? If you/she are on a budget, perhaps the wedding could take place in a different church and you could have the reception in a nice shelter at a local state park? State parks are very cheap as venues. 

Or check out nonprofits like museums– they are often less expensive also. Or bed and breakfasts that do weddings; they tend to be cheaper than the big wedding venue places.

Post # 10
    212 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2016 - Ed Oliver Golf Club, Wilmington, DE

@ladydirtold:  I wouldn’t like that at all! I have been contacting venues just for info and they have been responding quickly and that’s without having any commitment from me at all. I would just be so worried. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors