Please help :(

posted 2 years ago in Family
Post # 2
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I dealt with this as well and in the end, I’m glad I had my brother in my wedding as he is my only sibling. You could always have your brother stand on your side-not that unusual for 2014. Or, your if could have 1 extra person-also not that unusual-that’s what we did and you can’t even tell in photos. 

Post # 3
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Your *fi 

Post # 5
7406 posts
Busy Beekeeper

It is up to you if he walks down the aisle or not. One option is to have him already standing on the brides side of the alter. 

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee

I’m likely just going to have 4 bridesmaids while my Fiance will have 5 groomsmen (including my Bro). I thought he could walk my Mom down the aisle, so the groomsmen to bridesmaids ratio doesn’t seem off, and he then stand up @ the alter as we’re saying our vows. Hope this tip helps? Good luck!

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee

I wouldn’t worry too much! No one will say anything bad on your wedding day as you’re the bride. Your brother doesn’t necessarily need to go to your finace’s bachelor party etc., but can still stand up there and witness your union with you both@ the alter. I prob won’t tell folks that I have a mismatched bridesmaid / groomsmen group, and on the day of the wedding, hopefully no one will care, & there will be no drama. Who can get upset for your brother walking your mom down the aisle (right?… hopefully!!)? Again, good luck, hope it goes well 🙂

Post # 10
1130 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

October14:  An alternative would be to tell him that you’d love for him to do a reading during the ceremony. You could even let him select it himself if you wanted, and if you want him even more involved in the ceremony then he can act as a witness and sign for you as well.

If he specifically asks about being a groomsman/the change in plans, you could always tell a little white lie along the lines of wanting matching numbers for the wedding party, and it being more important to you to have him directly participate by doing a reading.

Good luck!

Post # 12
3709 posts
Sugar bee

October14:  If you already asked your brother to be in the bridal party, if would be very awkward to demote him now. Definitely have him on your side. My old boss’s daughter had her only sibling as her “man of honor.”

Post # 13
4812 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

October14:  At my first wedding I had my best friend (a guy) stand on my side and my groom had his sister stand on his side. It was really cool!!

Post # 14
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

October14:  i asked my brother to stand on my side for me.  i wanted him in the wedding party and my side was the right place for him.  we wore a tux that matched the groomsmen.

Post # 15
1180 posts
Bumble bee

October14:  Just have your brother stand on your side. Problem solved. 😀

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors