(Closed) Please Help! Casablanca 1827 Bustle!!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

When I tried on the dress, the consultant showed me 2 different ways that the dress could be bustled – there was a 1 point and a 3 point. They both looked gorgeous. If you can, go back to the store, put the dress back on, and ask them to show you different ways the dress can be bustled.

Post # 4
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

@KaitlynnMarieXoxo:  What a gorgeous gown!  I found these pics online.  Hope it helps and if it doesn’t, I would ask your seamstress what she/he recommends. 

Post # 5
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I had the Casablanca 1955, and we had some trouble bustling it because of the overlay. 

What we ended up with is probably not ideal, but my seamstress (not a professional, just a woman who does it out of her house pretty inexpensively) did one tie pickup under-bustle along the seam of the overlay, and then there were three ties inside the under layer (also an under-bustle).  So we tied up the underlayer first, then tied up the top layer above.  It did not help that my sister (MOH) was unable to go with my to my alterations appt, so we had some trouble on the day of doing it (which is why it is kind of oddly bunching). 

This ebay seller also has a picture of the 1955 bustled, with just a one point over bustle: http://cgi.ebay.com/Casablanca-Wedding-Dress-Gown-SZ-8-Ivory-1955-Bustle-/280696994856#vi-content

Post # 9
1 posts
  • Wedding: November 2011

Here are some photo’s of my Casa Blanca 1827 bustled.  Sorry if It is hard to see under the bustling of the veil.  The under part is pulled up on the inside of the dress and the overlay is pulled up on the outside of the dress.  I hope this helps.

Post # 10
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2003

Here is my CB 1914 bustle-loved it and the dresses look similar..at least the lace does. 

Post # 12
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Check out Mrs. Champagne’s bustle…

Post # 13
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think this is the dress I am going to get! Just tried it on for the 2nd time and I love it! But I don’t want a train/bustle at all- so I am going to order it without a train ($150 extra) and with a lace up back ($250 extra). But then it will be perfect for me!

Post # 14
8 posts
  • Wedding: March 2012

Hopefully this isn’t too late, but here’s a picture of my French bustle on my Casablanca 1827 gown. The satin dress was held up with a bunch of little bows underneath, and the top lace layer had buttons. It was tricky for my bridesmaids – I actually ended up taking the dress off and bustling it myself in my bridesmaid’s hotel room because I was the only one who knew how to do it, and I could do it in 30 seconds flat and didn’t want to waste any more time missing my cocktail hour! Good luck!

The topic ‘Please Help! Casablanca 1827 Bustle!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors