Post # 1
So my wedding is coming up in 3 months and I would like to wear makeup for my wedding. However I normally don’t wear make up on a daily basis. I’m not much of a fan of it and I touch my face a lot. I have no idea what to look for as to what I need for make up. Please help me put together a make up kit with suggestions on non smudge and waterproof make up(because I can garantee I will destroy it before I even take pics) that is also affordable as I would most likely continue to not wear make up and dont want to spend a fortune on something I might not use again (I’m doing enough of that already :-P)
Post # 3
It all depends on your skin type. what kind of coverage you are looking for and how much you are trying to wear. Do you want to look natural or do you want a little more?
Post # 4
@Spydchic99: go to Mac they will help u
Post # 5
Have you considered getting your makeup done by a makeup artist. It will probably cost you less than building a kit
Post # 6
I would like a natural look, and my face can get oily and I dont want to shine that much on my wedding day :-). My cousin is doing my make up but she is a different skin tone than me so I cant use her make up.
Post # 7
- First you will need a primer. It creates a base between your skin and the makeup so it goes on smoother and lasts longer.
- Then i suggest a matte foundation so it takes away the shine.
- Concealer if you have any blemishes you would like covered, also good for undereye highlight but is optional
- You will need a translucent powder to set the foundation
- This step is optional but if you would like to contour your cheekbones and add some definition to your face you will want some bronzer or a shade darker than your skin tone in a pressed powder
- blush to put some colour back into your cheeks.
- a nude or natural palette of eyeshadows. A set that contains a light, medium and dark shade is best for a base, contour and highlight.
- A brow pencil or powder if you would like to fill in your eyebrows.
- A waterproof mascara
- a nude or light pink lip pencil and lipstick
This list will help with the basics, but as i can’t see what your skin is like it would be best to go to a makeup counter and ask for the most suitable product for each for your skin.
Post # 8
Since you want it to be affordable i will suggest all drugstore products.
primer (for super long staying power)– L’Oreal Studio Secret primer
concealer– true match concealer, or revlon photoready concealer (my fav), for super heavy duty concealing- hard candy glamaflouge (but they only have 3/4 colors)
foundation– revlon colorstay for combo/oily skin, or loreal true match
setting powder-revlon photoready powder, or true match powder
Blush– covergirl makes some great blushes- try the “cheekers” line,
mascara– loreal voluminous mascara has been mentioned in many magazines and is my fav. Get the water proof- it will hold the curl better and wont smuge.
eye primer– loreal decrease, wet n wild primer, or elf mineral eye primer
eyeliner– for liquid revlon colorstay and loreal lineur intense, for pencil- maybelline master drama.
eyeshadows– Wet n wild trios or kits! they are so affordable and great quality, sonia kashuk (from target) also makes great shadows, and cover girl shadows are good.
Brushes– sonia kashuk and eco tools make great brushes.
Hope this helps
Post # 9
Maybe you could try looking at some youtube videos for wedding makeup and see what sort of products they list or suggest~ plus you could see whether you like the look of it