(Closed) Please help me find a VENUE in Philly- budget is $28,000 for whole wedding

posted 6 years ago in Philadelphia
Post # 3
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You should be okay, but it might be a little tight.  What do you have left? For example:

Photographer $3,000

Videographer $0

Flowers $1,000

Dress/Groom Attire $2,000

Transportation $500

Invites $500

Miscallaneous $1,000

Just example of numbers.

Post # 4
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think it is too much for a $28,000 budget.  We have around the same budget and our venue for all of the same things (cake, linens, food, tax, gratuity, etc.) cost us $12,000.  All of the other stuff adds up very fast (photographer, dress, wedding party presents, rehearsal dinner, wedding bands, flowers, etc.).  You would be on a VERY tight budget for everything else just for that location.

We are having our reception at The Richmond Hall in Philadelphia. We already had out food tasting and the food was AMAZING! Lauren, the coordinator is super nice and helpful.  http://www.cateringbymarios.com/richmond-hall/index.php  There is the link.  It used to be an old church that was coverted and redone. It is worth going to look at in person.  

If you don’t like it there, there are tons of other places that you can get a lower quote than $20,000

Post # 6
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m getting married at Front and Palmer on a budget similar to yours. It’s operated by Feast Your Eyes catering, and food, linens, chairs, equipment, staff, etc. is coming to somewhere around $15k for about 100 ppl. It’s BYOB so alchohol will be extra (which actually works in your favor!). There’s no outside space, though, so you’ll have to look elsewhere for a reception site. It has a VERY similar vibe to Sherman Mills (modern industrial, but still beautiful) and the people there are an absolute DREAM to work with. 

Good luck!!

Post # 7
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I’m really interested in Skybox at 2424 Studios as well – gorgeous place as far as what I’ve see in pics but I’ve never been there.  My fiance is actually from Philly and currently we live in MD so it’s a little difficult to get up to see it.  I’ve heard that it might be in a sketchy part of town – anyone have any insight on this?

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Hi! We’re getting married at the community arts center in Wallingford, near media. It is beautiful and there is a place for an outdoor ceremony near an old tower, looks like a fairy tale! You guys shoit’d check it out, it should definitely fitinn your budget since ours is about 10,000 less than yours. Let me know what you think if you check it out! And who knows, maybe if they give a discount for referrals we could both save some cash!

Post # 9
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Im not from Philly (or even PA for that matter) But Im bored so here is what I came up with >:)

Valley Green Inn:

About $100 pp for a nice menu on a Saturday evening. So $12,500 for Catering http://www.valleygreeninn.com/banquets.php

Fonthill Castle Estate:

Catering is about $95 p.p. Comes out to about $10,000 plus service fees, taxes, etc.. Plus venue rental fee $20 p.p I believe.                                                http://memorableaffairs.com/

Stoudsmoor Manor:

http://www.stroudsmoor.com/

Post # 10
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We’re getting married at the Moshulu, and it has an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, and outdoor cocktail hour too! I’m not sure if you wanted something outdoor with like foliage around (which a boat most definitely doesn’t have) but it would certainly fit in your budget and holds up to 125 people. Good luck!!

Post # 11
1934 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@cutiebee404:  I think you’re going to be a little tight.  Everything else adds up really quickly.  For example – our venue is approx the same price (for 150 people), and our total budget is around $60k.  It just depends how much you want to spend on other vendors and other stuff.  Our three biggest other purchases were the photos, videos, and my dress.

Post # 12
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I am getting married on  Saturday night at Normandy Farms in Blue Bell (right outside of Philly) in March 2013 with 125 people for a total budget of $22,000 (this included everything for the wedding… dress, hair, make-up, flowers, photographer, ect.). They offer outdoor ceremonies.

Post # 13
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@cutiebee404:  I really wanted an outdoor ceremony too, but decided on the church. I just don’t think my nerves would of held up if the weather did not cooperate. Haha.  I know Penn Treaty Park and Penn’s Landing could be options for outdoor ceremonies and aren’t too far from the Richmond Hall.  I think you would just need to look into permits, etc.  

The other places mentioned here are quite nice, like Normandy Farms (gorgeous), but your rates are probably going to be higher in Sept-Nov rather than March.  Just something to think about.  

If you have any questions about Richmond Hall, don’t hesitate to ask!

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee

We used WAZDAM Productions for the photos and video last summer and our friends just booked them.  They did such a great job and even came to the rehersal dinner.  They do it all digital and the price was way cheaper than anything mentioned on this site for just a photographer.  Just got my package, very happy…….. you can get them at 609-706-2224

Post # 15
674 posts
Busy bee

Try Spring Mill Manor in Ivyland. You can have an outdoor ceremony on property with water, a bridge, and all sorts of cute little outdoor features you might like. They also have a great venue that looks great without a ton of decor. Even though I think their wedding packages are a bit pricey, I believe they will still be below your current quote.

Post # 16
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Not sure if you’ve already booked a venue but you could look at Powerplant. It’s pretty bare and you’d have to do everything from scratch if you’re up to it but you have the rooftop to use for a ceremony and is extremely affordable.  That being said, I just had my wedding at Peche with a budget extremely similar to yours and believe me, it can be done (I wouldn’t change a thing about my wedding)!  Let me know if you need any advice on how to cut a few corners with prices!

The topic ‘Please help me find a VENUE in Philly- budget is $28,000 for whole wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors