Post # 1
This is my second post of the day and I feel like I’m bombarding you all with my ignorance…I mean questions lol!
I sure would appreciate it if you lovelies could share your list of required photos that you gave (or are giving) to your photographer. I have a general list but I’m sure there are pictures i am forgetting!
Thanks in advance!!
Post # 3
You may want to ask your photographer if they have a worksheet they’d like you to fill out.
Our guy has a photojournalistic style, but he understood that parents would want traditional photos to frame. We e-mailed him the list below and told him that all other shots were up to his discretion. We did not pay for a 2nd shooter, and the logistics of our wedding did not require him to bring an assistant.
Our wedding had only ~50 people with NO attendants, so our list may be SIMPLER than typical. DH and I also have small families (deceased grandparents, along with aunts, uncles, and cousins who could not attend). So this is what we provided our photog:
TIMELINE OF THE DAY – we outlined the schedule for him so he knew what was happening when and where.
MUST HAVE PHOTOS
1) GETTING READY
- At the salon
- Mom helping me get dressed
2) FIRST LOOK
3) TRADITIONAL POSES before the ceremony
- B&G with both sets of families together
- B&G with bride’s entire family
- B&G with groom’s entire family
- B&G with bride’s parents
- B&G with groom’s parents
- B&G with bride’s siblings
- B&G with groom’s sibling
4) DURING CEREMONY
- Walking up the aisle
- Ring exchange
- First Kiss
- Group shot of guests
5) AFTER CEREMONY
- Couple and individual portraits (I had not scheduled a separate bridal session as ours was a DW)
- Special dances
- Cake cutting
- Evening shots of B&G only (we snuck away to do this)
7) DETAILS – we weren’t specific about this, but he ended up giving us shots of these:
- Decor & centerpieces (important if they were DIY)
- We could have done a certificate signing, but time got away from us. Luckily for him, capturing this moment was not a priority for us.
In the end, he caught many lovely moments that weren’t on this list, and we are both extremely happy with the results!
Post # 4
Wow thank you so much for taking the time to share this important information! I SO appreciate it!