Post # 1
I am getting to the part of planning when I need to lockdown the schedule for the reception (when to eat, cut cake, throw flowers, etc)
If you have already done this, will you share it will me? Dont forget to include the time of day the reception is happening and how long it is!
Post # 4
This is what I believe we’re doing:
6:30-7:30 Cocktail hour
7:30-8 Intro’s, first dance
8 Salad served
8:30 bride dance, groom dance, cake cutting
9:30 Dance set
10:15 DJ introduces dessert
Then we dance for a couple more hours. This is all tentative though. I think things might change the day of, depending on how we feel. Who knows?!
Post # 5
6:00 Appetizers & Drinks on Patio
7:00 Formal Introduction of the Bridal Party
7:30 Cake Cutting Ceremony, Toasts, Blessing
7:45 Dinner Served
9:00 Dessert Table & Chocolate Fountain Opens
9:45 Bride & Groom First Dance
10:30 After Glow Opens
Post # 6
is there a thread for timelines for the whole day? This would be SO helpful to me right now.
Post # 7
@ miss vintage, our ceremony/pics timeline before our reception timeline above is:
11am-2pm: get ready with hair stylist/make-up
3pm: pictures at our reception place (golf club – we love the trees/outdoor landscape)
4pm: get to church
430pm: ceremony begins
515pm: pictures with family/friends/send off
— break time for guests ’til cocktail hour at 6pm
Post # 8
Here is what I have so far:
(Our wedding and reception are combined)
- Hair and makeup 9:30 a.m.
- get dressed 10:30 a.m.
- House party to set up tables, gift table (guest book and card box), and greeting table(escort cards and photos) (to be replaced later with favors). 9:45 a.m.
- Formal Photos-immediate family and close friends. 11 Officiant meets us outside, we go in for procession at 12:05
- Guests arrive. Find their escort cards and find their seats while music is playing. 11:30-12:00
- Procession and Ceremony takes place. Knot tying ceremony. 12:15-1
- We walk out, followed by wedding party and music plays. We take a coiple photos as man and wife.
- Guests are invited to get a drink and appetizers are passed.1-1:15
- We are announced and come back in, get drinks and mingle.1:15
- First dance as food is setting up.1:20-1:30
- Music and food service.2:00
- Music and eating.2:30
- Mingling and dancing.2:45
- Throw the bouquet.3:00
- Cake and coffee.3:15
- Departure.4:00 p.m.